Content Templater

Filtering by category doesn't work

3 years 10 months ago #69585

Kay-Uwe Koalick's Avatar Kay-Uwe Koalick

My templates are releated to categories. When the modal dialog in editor opens I view a list of all templates which their category on top. As far as good. But when I use the category search feature I get a blank list only.

My settings: Joomla 3.6.5, PHP 7.0.15, MySQL 5.6 - default Joomla installation with RL extensions only

3 years 10 months ago #69592

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Not sure what you mean.

Can you give me (super) admin access so I can take a look?
And tell me what steps I need to make to see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

3 years 10 months ago #69604

I am working in an intranet where remote access is not allowed but you can reproduce this issue alone with a default Joomla 3.6.5 installation with your extensions only.

I make some tests and get this issue when I set access rights (see my previous request with the access issue) to a template: 1. In ACCESS tab in Content Settings and/or 2. Setting USERGROUPS in Publishing Assignments. Without any access limitations it works - with access rights: I get a blank modal view which shows the text: "Category" instead of the selected one.

Again: I get this error in a default Joomla installation - nothing else installed either your extensions. You do not need remote access.

3 years 10 months ago #69606

3 years 10 months ago #69609

Yes and no: limitation to access rights works (with dev version 7.0.3) - filtering by category not.

I still get a blank dialog (modal view) when I select a category which includes templates with access limitations.

3 years 10 months ago #69610

Yes, but the button itself should now no longer show when there are no templates available for the user...

3 years 10 months ago #69612

That's right. Also the list shows the allowed templates only. But searching/filtering by category is still an issue.

I installed meanwhile a test website - Joomla 3.6.5 with RL extensions - go here:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

3 years 10 months ago #69613

I do not understand the issue you are describing.
Can you explain the steps to reproduce the issue?
Where can I see the problem?

3 years 10 months ago #69615

1. Login to the given test website - frontend.
2. Create new article -> 'Content Template'. You will see all template related to SU group
3. Search e.g. category: 'Images + Text templates'

You will get a blank dialog - no selection visible - selection field shows: '-- Category --'

3 years 10 months ago #69616

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

3 years 10 months ago #69618

Works!! 🙂

Thank you, great support. 😎

3 years 10 months ago #69627

Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.