Search
Other Conditional Content questions
Forum

password protect/token/url parameter hide joomla article/YooThemePRO

nimdas's Avatar nimdas
Hi Peter,

Team,

I am looking into a way to accomplish the following:

provide a friend a link to access a Joomla article, protected with a password/token. Besides using a password to combine it along with other restrictions (optionally) like token to expire after usage count is over, or with IP/Device restrictions.

A similar approach is present for this extension: extensions.joomla.org/extension/jlex-block/ , video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2VS-bR8bso .

Could you advise if out of the box it can be somehow made available (maybe using tags in Conditional content or in Advanced Module Manager)?

Currently, using YooThemePRO as template & wondered if that is possible or looks more into a future feature request?

This link looks similar: regularlabs.com/forum/conditionalcontent...sed-on-url-parameter

Thank you for the support.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No, I have no extensions that give you the option to fill in passwords/tokens that expire out-of-the-box.

You can conditionally show/hide stuff based on a key or whatever you place in the URL. But there is no mechanism in Conditional Content that will expire that key/token/password based on the number of uses.

What you could do is create a condition that is based on that key in the URL, and a condition rule based on the date.
That way you can for instance only show something if the URL contains something like 'letmein' and the date is not greater than the 1st of December 2022.
But again, that is not based on number of uses.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
nimdas's Avatar nimdas
Peter, in this case, which extension is better to be utilized? Can you give an example & advise if the solution will be fine as YooThemePRO template install? Should I consider utilizing a CDN, shall I make changes on CDN/hosting: htaccess level?

Peter, in this case, which extension is better to be utilized?
That depends on what it is you require. Conditional Content can do some of what you asked, but not all.
So you might be better off searching for something that does what yo want out-of-the-box.
nimdas's Avatar nimdas
Are there plans to implement a password/token to be passed via URL either with or without expiration period?

Can you provide an example with URL? Should I consider utilizing a CDN, shall I make changes on CDN/hosting: htaccess level if using such approach before implementation?
www.yourdomain.com/some/url?key=ABC123
www.yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_content&...&key=ABC123
Using the URL condition rule:
key=ABC123

I have no idea why utilizing a CDN would make sense in this.
nimdas's Avatar nimdas
1. Will CDN interfere when using the URL condition rule?
2. Will i have to make any additions towards Weeblr SH404SEF extension?
3. Are there plans to implement a password/token to be passed via URL either with or without expiration period?

I assume you just want to pass a fixed token in the url.

1. Probably not
2. Probably not
3. Like explained above, you can already show/hide things based on whatever is found in the URL. It is outside the scope of Conditional Content to control the expiration of stuff in the URL. And I have no extensions that do that out-of-the-box. And no plans to create that.

I would advise you to just try it out with the URL as described in previous replies.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription