I'm moving websites a new and identical VPS server and in the process of testing. CA works well on the old server but I'm getting the "The component cannot be placed because of an invalid url..." error. I've been through several forum posts on this and the troubleshooting page but not having much luck figuring out the issue. Is there a log or a way to get a more detailed output to try and diagnose what might be causing CA to not display.
I turned off SEF and added that to the url but the rendering page is behind a login and logs out when I add that to the url. Just displays the Data and Component urls at the top of the page after it logs out.
That it is behind a login can cause issues with the URLs being read.
See if the issue is solved when it is NOT behind a login.
And try playing around with the settings in the Components Anywhere plugin. Like passing cookies and such.