Search
Other Components Anywhere questions
Forum

Components Anywhere and Joomla4

Burkhard Christoph's Avatar Burkhard Christoph
Hi

For a new project I planned to use Components Anywhere.
As I can see, Components Anywhere will not be further developed for Joomla 4. Does this have to do with the fact that Joomla already brings this functionality with it?

thank you very much
Christoph
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No, it doesn't as far as I know.

(Some of) the reasons it is very low priority and will probably not be developed for Joomla 4:
- very little sales, so not worth the time to invest
- a lot of 3rd party components will not work when placed through Components Anywhere, which not only makes it less useful, but also causes a lot support that I cannot solve.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Burkhard Christoph's Avatar Burkhard Christoph
Hi Peter

Ok. I see. Thank you very much.

Regards
Christoph
Lukasz Grabski's Avatar Lukasz Grabski
I will only add from myself - I hope - a little motivation. I can't imagine J4 without Components Anywhere. I use it the most with com_contact because even J4 is missing a piece of module to handle this component. Meanwhile, Component Anywhere turns out to be irreplaceable when I need to fill individual pieces of information from the Contact component in modules. I hope you will want to implement it in J4 after all. Thanks for your work - you are making a very useful soft Peter.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription