Search
Other Components Anywhere questions
Forum

Every CA-request comes with a Joomball cookies message tail.

Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Hi,

I have a simple article with only 3 lines content.
{component url="index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36"}
{component url ="index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=33"}
{component url="index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=30"}

After every request I get my ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/joomball-cookies/ ) Cookies message.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Switching on/of the "Pass on Cookies" setting in the Component Anywhere plugin doesn't help. How can we get rid of these tails?

Many thanks in advance, Nico
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Well, that's down to the Joomball cookies extension.

Components Anywhere renders the component using the 'component.php' subtemplate (&tmpl=component in the URL).
You could ask the Joomball developers if there is a way to not let it render on those urls/pages.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Hi Peter,

Okay? I don't think they will solve that for me.

1. Do you know a good Cookie extension that doesn't have this conflict with your CA?
2. Is there a way to use your Advanced Module Manager miracle to whitelist those requests as Joomball is a module. (hide module on these hidden menu requests or something like that.)

Thanks, Nico
If it is a module, then it shouldn't be loaded in the component area. So I guess it works via a plugin.

I don't use any cookie notification extensions, so I can't recommend any.
Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Hi Peter,

1. It's only a module, published in the debug position of my template. It doesn't have a plugin, and I doubt I had this problem before I installed your big updates yesterday.

2. Don't you need a cookie message on your websites???

Regards, Nico
Well, the debug module position is probably the only one also included in the component subtemplate.
It is not meant for modules other than the debug module.
See if you can assign the module to a position other than the debug. Optionally add an extra module position to the index.php of your template.
Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Yesss, you solved the problem. I just published it on the footer. Thank you so much!!!
🙂👍
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription