Search
Other Components Anywhere questions
Forum

Is there a reason why Components Anywhere does not seem to work with Easyblog grid view

Hugh Douglas-Smith's Avatar Hugh Douglas-Smith
I am trying to use components anywhere (pro version) to pull in an Easyblog page
I have isolated the issue to the URL not being recognised. If I use the command <p>{component url="/index.php?option=com_easyblog"}</p> everything works as expected, however if the url is amended to <p>{component url="/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=grid"}</p> the component does not display, in the page source I just get the message "The component cannot be placed because an invalid URL is given or the page timed out."

Curl loading has been turned on, extensions are up to date. This is being called from within a Joomshaper SP Pagebuilder page, but I have tried the same code within a Joomla article and it too fails in the same way. Any ideas?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
What do you get when you place that url in the browser directly?
Does it redirect?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hi Peter
Many thanks for the quick response, the URL works when tried directly, below are further details should you wish to take a look
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Components Anywhere asks Joomla what url it should use for the one you give it.
Joomla converts it to:
/resource-centre/grid
And that gives a 404.

So there is some issue with the SEF routing of that easyblog url.
Many thanks, great discovery, I will check that out.
Peter
can you point me to how/where you discovered the conversion in URL routing? The url I was using was taken from the menu item.
Try adding the menu item I'd through the Itemid parameter.
Read: docs3.regularlabs.com/componentsanywhere
That is brilliant, many thanks for your help. I have it working now by using a hidden menu item which has solved the issue. Much appreciated.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription