Search
Other Components Anywhere questions
Forum

Component not showing

Odin Mayland's Avatar Odin Mayland
www.globalfinancialdata.com/products

<!-- Components Anywhere Message: CURL Error: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure -->

How do I resolve this?
I wish I knew enough to understand what I read on your link LOL.

I deleted the Let's Encrypt SSL and reinstalled it and now CA is working again.

FWIW, Siteground replied to my ticket with them about this issue:
The error indicates that your website is attempting to fetch a resource via an unsupported protocol. Usually, the error is present when an application attempts to use TLS 1.0 and 1.1 to fetch resources. Due to their depreciation and security risks, these protocols have been disabled on all of our servers.

In order to address this, the code of the website has to be updated to utilize TSL protocol 1.2 or higher. For issues such as this one, you will have to consult/hire a professional developer to check and address it for you. If you do not have a developer in mind, you can check our suggested third-party services.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Yes... that's why I am no longer with SiteGround.
They no longer have the will, know-how or expertise to solve relatively simple issues on their side.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I too have issues with SG. For example, as soon. as you have a spam issue with their hosted email, you are on your own and it's all your fault. 🙁

Regardless, I was not sure if this issue was a CA, Joomla core, or Siteground issue with TSL protocol 1.2

Do you agree that this was entirely an issue with Siteground?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Not sure if you can say it is an SG issue.
But it was a server issue that can be simply investigated and solved by SG. That's what you have a host for, right? To manage your server...
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription