Search
Other CDN for Joomla! questions
Forum

Exclude directories

bwd's Avatar bwd
Hi:

Two questions about CDN for Joomla using KEYCDN:

1) Can I exclude directories from the CDN? I see you have the option for "Ignore Files" and the popup help mentions path/file or part of, but I can't make sense of it or get a path like this excluded:
/Webcams/*.jpg

Is this possible? See: windisgood.com/willows-beach.html
using /Webcams/*.jpg as excluded in the Ignore Files. Or do I have to enter a list of actual filenames: Willowscam.jpg etc?

2) I am having an issue that makes no sense to me and is likely not an issue with your extension, but maybe you can help 🙂
See: windisgood.com/spots.html

It gives errors of missing image files and the reason is the cdn link is inserted in the middle of the url:
windisgood.com/components/com_zhosmmap/a...orts-windsurfing.png
instead of:
cdn.windisgood.com/components/com_zhosmm...orts-windsurfing.png

What is strange is that the sidebar panel shows the images with the proper CDN link inserted. I have contacted the dev for zhosmap and he has no idea why, and I've looked at the zhosmap php code for the image paths and they seem fine. Any ideas...is this a KEYCDN issue? It is likely out of the scope of your extension but it's worth asking...

Thank you for the help and for the amazing work on all of the extensions and online docs.
Dave
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
If you want to ignore all files that have /Webcams/ in the urls: just place that in the Ignore field:
/Webcams/

If certain files are not loading, but the url is correct (format), then you will need to ask your CDN provider about this.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
bwd's Avatar bwd
Thanks, I had tried /Webcams/ and that did not work. However I just tried Webcams/ and that worked.

For the second question, if you check the first url it is not the correct format and that is why it is not loading...

The cdn link is inserted in the middle of the url:
http://windisgood.com/components/com_zhosmmap/assets/icons///cdn.windisgood.com/mapiconscollection-sports-windsurfing.png

as seen here: windisgood.com/spots.html
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
bwd's Avatar bwd
Thank you Peter:

1) Using /Webcams/ in IgnoreFiles still does not work but Webcams/ does, but that is fine for me.

2) The map here windisgood.com/spots.html now shows the images, but with no CDN link. If that was the intention then it is working, and that is also fine with me.

Thanks,
Dave
Yes, it can't change the URLs of those images, as they are created via JavaScript.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription