Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

Clean up redirects table

Jip Jonker's Avatar Jip Jonker
Hi! Is there a way to use cache cleaner to purge / cleanup the redirect (disabled) items in the Redirects extension? And if so, can we also save recent items and only delete items older then a specific period? For example 1 month? This way we can use the extension to monitor broken links but prevent this table to grow over time.

Basically this feature would use the 'Purge Disabled' button in the Redirects (Joomla 4). I did not see this in Cache Cleaner. Correct?

Kind regards,
Jip
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
There is no option for that in Cache Cleaner at the moment.
It can empty complete tables. But not only delete records based on date or other data.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Would you consider to add that as a new feature to Cache Cleaner? oir do you think that's outside the scope / intended use of Cache Cleaner?
Sorry for the late reply...

Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Hi Peter!

I installed the dev version but I do not see the new option...

Joomla 4.2.1 | PHP 8.0
Can you try now?
Yep, found it an it does remove the records. Great.

So this only removes records that are not enabled (manually) correct? Only the ones that are (most likely) wrong or 'bot' URLs?

Is there also a way to keep records from the last days or month maye? Checking these records can be usefull to see if there are may some external links to the website that are wrong. A website owner could then contact the external site to change the URL or create a redirect for that URL. But if we purge the cache every day we don't have the option to check those records.

So it would be helpfull to use this feature only to clean up ol records, so the DB table won;t grow to large, but still use the information to maybe fix broken (external) links. I would be OK with a fixed value for this for maybe 2 weeks or a month. But being able to set this would also be great.

Or maybe we could use the option to only purge this when the cache clean button is used... Then the webmaster would have te opportunity to first check te records and then purge. But I would prefer a fixed 'retain' period.

Not a big deal for me! Just my thoughts... Having this option is already great. Thanks Peter.
This does exactly the same as the "Purge Disabled" button you find in the Redirects component itself.
That also does not offer a way to select a date or something.
Yes I know 😉 I am happy with the new option in Cache Cleaner to clean up the reditrect records automatiocally. It keeps the table nice and clean and we don't have to do that manually. The only downside to this: We can't use the data to check for possible broken external links anymore becasue all data is being purged regularly now. It would have been nice / useful to be able to check back for a few days or weeks and only have older data purged. But it's not an big deal. We actually don't do this checking very often, if ever. So it's OK.

Also this would probaly need to be a feature request for the extension, not Cache Cleaner.

Thanks Peter!
Thanks for understanding and that you are ok with it like it is now.
Indeed, that would really be something core Joomla would need to adopt.
But oh well...

That being said, please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

😜
Nice! Thanks Peter!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription