Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

Updated site from PHP 7.4 to 8.0 and Cache Cleaner no longer works (neither do Content Templater, Extension Manager, etc

Collin Lafrance's Avatar Collin Lafrance
Hello,

I upgraded my site from PHP 7.4 to 8.0. On my other sites everything is fine, however on one of them, Cache Cleaner no longer works. When I click the button it gives a red message at the top, Unable to Clear Cache.

If I go into Regular Labs extension manager, all the buttons change and it shows unable to connect or check.

Content Templater buttons don't end up inserting anything, you just click and click and nothing happens.

I am wondering if there is some regular labs dependency that is an old version or something that got stuck someplace. Really at a loss as to what the issue is.

As the site is a production site, I had to revert to PHP 7.4 for the time being. Everything else in Joomla seemed to work fine without issues.

Any advise or things I can try?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Try adding &cleancache=1 to your admin url and see if you get an error explaining anything.

Also, make sure Error Reporting is set to Developer or Maximum in the Joomla configuration.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
If I try and turn on Maximum for error reporting, the cache cleaner and the other plugins seem to work, however on the cache cleaner I get this that pops up for just a few seconds:
Confidential information:
(hidden)

If I turn error reporting back off to None I get this :

Cache could not be cleaned

Also the buttons in Content Templater stop working as well, as originally reported. However they work if Error reporting is set to maximum.
Well, looks like there is some issue with the joomlatools library and/or your database.
My advice is to ask he joomlatools devs about this!.
Hi Peter, that worked. They had a patch to fix it, all good now.

On a sidenote, I saw your Joomla 4 roadmap. The only extension we are missing at this time to be able to upgrade is the Content Templater. I know you have it indicated as mid-late 2022, but is there a chance it may be ready in the near future rather than later in the year?
Road map is pretty much what it is. I don't expect it to be ready earlier than stated.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription