Search
Other Cache Cleaner questions
Forum

What value to set up for the Joomla cache time when using Automatic cleaning cache by interval?

Amar Guillen's Avatar Amar Guillen
Hello,

please would you tell me what value to set up for the Joomla cache time when I set up an automatic cache by interval?

In my case I have enable the automatic cleaning by interval for the frontend with the value 14400 seconds (every 4 hours).

What value should I set for the Joomla cache time?

Thank for your reply.
Amar Guillen
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
That is pretty much down to how you want to handle your cache.
The Automatic Cleaning by Cache Cleaner doesn't only clean the Joomla cache, it can also do other stuff.
So those don't have to be set to the same time.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hi Peter,
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand that cleaning the cache can also affect some other folders. This is what I want. I would like to clean all the data in the joomla cache and also some custom folders I have set up .
My question is related to the fact that joomla is going to clear itself the internal cache. I would like to know what value to set up to avoid any conflict with cache cleaner.

Thanks for your help.
Probably higher than the 4 hours.
Than you very much for your answer.

I have a last question.

I understand that cleaning the joomla cache with cache cleaner erase all the folders. This is what I want.
When joomla is cleaning its cache, does it clean only the pages folder or all the folders like cache cleaner does?

Thanks for your help
Sincerely
It will delete all the selected stuff you have in the cache manager. That usually means all the stuff inside the cache folder.
Hi Peter,

thanks for your explanation and your help.
You can close the ticket.

Sincerely.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription