Problem with YOOtheme Pro search results and...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Problem with YOOtheme Pro search results and modules anywhere by title with (brackets)

Sarah Hayes's Avatar Sarah Hayes
Hi,

I have an issue which only happens under specific conditions.

I have upgraded an existing Joomla 3 website to Joomla 4 and I have created the theme with YOOtheme Pro. We also have Modules Anywhere (free).

I have created a YOOtheme Pro Smart Search template, but under certain circumstances I am having issues with pages that have Modules Anywhere embedded by title, when the title has (brackets) in it. With Modules Anywhere module embedded by title, e.g. {module title="Download our free guide on opening a business in France (English)"}, the search results break and the rest of the results, the rest of the page, footer etc., are not displayed.

If I change to embedding by module ID e.g. {module id="512"}, there isn't an issue and all the results load as expected and the rest of the template loads after the results.

If I embed a module that doesn't have (brackets) in the title, there isn't an issue and all the results load as expected and the rest of the template loads after the results. I've tried adding brackets to a simple Custom HTML module title and the same issue arises, so it isn't related to RSForms Pro and embedding the form. It only appears to happen with the (brackets).

The pages in questions don't have a read more. Pages that do have a read more, don't have this issue with the modules where the titles have (brackets).

While it might appear that the simple solution is to simply remove the brackets from the title, or update to using the ID, it is a large, multilingual website and there are hundreds and hundreds or modules embedded by title throughout the website and once the title is changed, then module doesn't then load, because obviously the title doesn't exist.

Is this something that you would class as a bug and can fix?
If not, do you have any suggestions that don't result in having to edit hundreds of pages?

If there isn't a solution, could DB Replacer be used to replace the changed module titles that are embedded in the articles?

Best regards
Sarah
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Do the modules work correctly when using the Modules Anywhere tags in a normal article, not using the Yootheme template?

Seems to me this is more of an issue with YOOtheme Pro Smart Search.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sarah Hayes's Avatar Sarah Hayes
Hi,

RESOLVED

So it wasn't anything to do with YOOtheme or brackets. After a lot of troubleshooting I finally found that the issue was due to the first x number of characters being displayed in the search results and this happened to cut off then closing modules anywhere tag.

Best regards
Sarah
You can only post on this forum if you log in