Error Class "RegularLabs\Library\Parameters" not...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Error Class "RegularLabs\Library\Para​meters" not found

Christopher Knudtson's Avatar Christopher Knudtson
I am also getting the error '0 Class "RegularLabs\Library\Parameters" not found'. I have deleted the folders below and the error persists.

/plugins/system/regularlabs
/libraries/regularlabs

This occurs when I simply try to install Extension Manager. I should also note that the above folders are not re-installed after I install Extension Manager. However, the installer does say "The Regular Labs Extension Manager v8.2.4 has been successfully reinstalled". I am running Joomla 4.2.9 and PHP 8.0.22.
Christopher Knudtson's Avatar Christopher Knudtson
OK.. I literally uninstalled everything from Regular Labs and then re-installed just Extension Manager. Luckily I wasn't too far along in the development of this site. So far so good.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
It could be that your PHP version is part of the problem.

PHP 8.0 should not be used. It has some serious issues and is no longer supported by PHP itself.
Update to PHP 8.1+
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Àlex Miras's Avatar Àlex Miras
I have the exact same issue (with other extensions: Advanced Module Manager, Clean Caché & ReReplacer). Updating the PHP version to 8.1 doesn't solve the problem. The only thing that worked for me, it's uninstalling all the extensions and installing them again.
Jonathan Hodgdon's Avatar Jonathan Hodgdon
I too consistently have this issue when upgrading from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.2.9 (with PHP 8.1.17) during my practice runs on a local server. Makes me scared to attempt the real Joomla 4 update on my production box. All RegularLabs extension versions (all Pro versions) were current at time of update. I've cleared the Joomla 4 cache, deleted the two recommended folders, reinstalled Extension Manager, etc. in as many different combinations of order and repeats as I can reasonably think of.

I notice that when installing Extension Manager, it responds with success but it notably lacks the progress message that the RL libraries were installed along with Extension Manager. So one time, I downloaded the Articles Anywhere .zip afresh, installed that, and noticed that it did report the RL libraries installed/updated. Then I tried to launch Extension Manager and it launched fine.

Today, on another run with the exact same error pattern, the above trick didn't work. Articles Anywhere, after "successful" install, said it couldn't run due to lack of RL libraries. In panic, I started manually installing other RL extension .zip files, hoping to trigger the RL libraries install. Two or three more failed to help, but finally the install of Content Templater coaxed the libraries to install. Then all was well, but I guess it's not a reliable workaround.

I consistently didn't have this issue a month ago during practice runs. But of course all kinds of newer versions of Joomla and RL and other vendors' extensions have marched into and out of the mix since then. I don't think I'm doing anything different, though, since I'm just trying to get through the thicket of the Joomla update itself, not attempting anything new on my end.

I'm thinking for my next attempt to delete Extension Manager entirely from my Joomla 3 box before I run the Joomla 4 update, then try to install Extension Manager after the update. But it would be better if Extension Manager would just force those libraries to get installed!
Can you test with the latest development versions?

So update to those dev versions on Joomla 3. Then upgrade to Joomla 4. And then re-install those dev versions...

Hopefully my code changes will prevent code from executing during installation when the library is not (fully) upgraded yet.

Development versions can be downloaded from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Installed these onto Joomla 3.10.11 (these plus Tabs plus Sliders are the only extensions we use on Joomla 3.10.11)
- RegularLabsExtensionManager-v8.2.5-dev2596707.zip
- AdvancedModuleManager-v9.6.1-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- ArticlesAnywhere-v13.1.1-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- CacheCleaner-v8.3.1-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- ConditionalContent-v4.5.1-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- ContentTemplater-v11.2.1-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- ModulesAnywhere-v7.16.3-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- Sourcerer-v9.5.1-dev2596707-PRO.zip
- Tooltips-v8.2.2-dev2596707-PRO.zip

Upgraded to Joomla 4.2.9

Reinstalled RegularLabsExtensionManager-v8.2.5-dev2596707.zip

Got these messages:
- The Regular Labs Extension Manager v8.2.5-dev2596707 has been successfully reinstalled
- The Regular Labs Library v23.3.21123 has been successfully reinstalled
But I also got this:
- Exception Type: ParseError
- File: /var/www/html/plugins/actionlog/regularlabsmanager/regularlabsmanager.php
- Line: 27

Entire site then unusable due to getting the ParseError on every page
Sorry about that. Those errors should be fixed now with the new dev versions.

You should be able to delete the actionlog folders to get back into the site:
plugins/actionlog/advancedmodules/
plugins/actionlog/articlesanywhere/
plugins/actionlog/conditions/
plugins/actionlog/contenttemplater/
plugins/actionlog/regularlabsmanager/
No worries on the syntax error; it was my local test server; easy to re-instantiate.

All in all, looks like a good fix. Many thanks. Details follow.

Installed these onto Joomla 3.10.11 (these plus Tabs plus Sliders are the only extensions we use on Joomla 3.10.11)
- AdvancedModuleManager-v9.6.1-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- ArticlesAnywhere-v13.1.1-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- CacheCleaner-v8.3.1-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- ConditionalContent-v4.5.1-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- ContentTemplater-v11.2.1-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- ModulesAnywhere-v7.16.3-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- RegularLabsExtensionManager-v8.2.5-dev2597047.zip
- Sourcerer-v9.5.1-dev2597047-PRO.zip
- Tooltips-v8.2.2-dev2597047-PRO.zip

Upgraded to Joomla 4.2.9

Manually reinstalled RegularLabsExtensionManager-v8.2.5-dev2597047.zip
- Got these messages:
- - The Regular Labs Extension Manager v8.2.5-dev2597047 has been successfully reinstalled
- - The Regular Labs Library v23.3.21463 has been successfully reinstalled

Launched Extension Manager
- Launched OK, and everything looks fine

Not sure whether to (re)install the production packages seen on your production repository by Extension Manager, or just keep manually installing the dev versions I downloaded. I'll try some of each as a test.

Updated Tooltips from Extension Manager (to the current prod version):
- seemed to reinstall and work OK

Installed Tabs and Accordions from Extension Manager
- seemed to install and work OK

Installed Advanced Module Manager manually (to your dev version)
- seemed to reinstall and work OK (the extension, RL Conditions, and RL Library)

Installed Content Templater manually (to your dev version)
- seemed to reinstall and work OK (the extension, RL Conditions, and RL Library)

Updated Sourcerer from Extension Manager (to the current prod version):

Updated Cache Cleaner from Extension Manager (to the current prod version):

Updated Modules Anywhere from Extension Manager (to the current prod version):

Installed Articles Anywhere manually (to your dev version)
- seemed to reinstall and work OK (the extension and RL Library)

Installed Conditional Content manually (to your dev version)

I'll do more testing tomorrow, but seems to me like you've solved the must-install-the-library issue, from which everything else just works and initially seems fine. Thanks again. I won't report further unless I have further issues.

Editorial: golly, I hope Joomla's next major version update is easier than all this. Plus constant updates from all involved make cause and effect difficult to control and trace despite my desire to have the world stop so I can develop a proven error-free update process! At least that means that Joomla is still an alive and actively developed platform.
The new versions have been released.
Adam's Avatar Adam
Peter...

I am now in trouble and I need support. I too am getting:

An error has occurred.
0 Class "RegularLabs\Library\Parameters" not found

I ran the updates on a dev version of the site on the SAME server.... same config. All worked well on my dev copy of the site. Regretfully, the live site had a membership area and the client allowed users to subscribe to the live site.

So, I have had to repeat the Joomla & Regular labs upgrade on a Live site. I know... Not pretty.

But I have tried everything I have read here in the forum and I am still getting the error.

I can't seem to do anything. I wanted to just remove Regular Labs and start again - reinstall from fresh, but it wont let me "as it's part of a package".

The live site is now a mess and I have no idea what else to try.

I am using "extensionmanager-v8.2.5.zip"... and I updated all the extensions prior to upgrade. I've tried different PHP versions and removing the folders as per previous posts and re-installing. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Also... on PHP 8.1, I now get this error at the top of Joomla:

Deprecated
: explode(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($string) of type string is deprecated in
/home/customer/www/donttonealone.co.uk/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/application/src/Web/WebClient.php
on line

Joomla 4 is a dogs dinner disaster.
Try deleting these folders:
/libraries/regularlabs
(You will get other errors now).

Then reinstall the latest version of the extension you installed.
Adam's Avatar Adam
Thanks Peter.

Still nothing... The folders aren't there because I deleted them previously. Re-installed. Still not there...

Joomla 4.2.9
PHP 8.1.17

It all worked fine on the Dev version. It doesn't make any sense.

I just tried installing Modals manually and it says: "Modals cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed."
Adam's Avatar Adam
I've just tried copying the Libraries and the content from:

/libraries/regularlabs

in the dev instance to the live instance...

And I now get:

"0 Class "RegularLabs\Library\Document" not found"

On every page in the Admin

I have (again) deleted them and am back to main Joomla working but Regular Labs not working.
Adam's Avatar Adam
OK... problem solved... Some how... what I have done is manually re-install ALL the extensions that were on the site previously. Maybe I was supposed to do that from the start... Apologies if that is the case.

During that manual re-install, at some point (and I can't now see when) it said "Library re-installed"... And now it's all working fine...
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?

You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Adam's Avatar Adam
All solved Peter.... I think I was being dumb and thought I could install Extension Manager manually - and then do all the rest via extension manager - rather than install them all manually first???

But, if you'd still like a look, I'm happy to set you up as a Super Admin???
If it all works now, then it’s all good.
Thomas Thrane's Avatar Thomas Thrane
I'm getting this error, Peter.
Tried deleting the folders and reinstall latest version, but I get the same error again.

Installed Snippets, same result.
Then ReReplacer and no all works?

Regards
Thomas
Try uninstalling the Regular Labs Library package (and remaining parts, if there are any).
Then reinstall the extensions.
You can only post on this forum if you log in