Modals no longer works

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Modals no longer works

Brice Burtch's Avatar Brice Burtch
I have a lot of forms that I launch in a Modal window. It's been working that way for years. Suddenly after the most recent update, none of it works. Instead of modally poping up over the rest of the site. parts of the site show through and the form can't be seen. I'm having to take everything out of modals. I don't know what you've done but it's pretty significant.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Do you have this online so I can take a look?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hello Peter

First of all, thank you for responding so quickly. As I continue to investigate this issue I'm more inclined to believe it's not your component but rather possibly a optimization component I'm using called JCH Optimize. This issue with Modals comes and goes. Yesterday while trying to work on this issue it suddenly started working again. This morning the forms modal windows were all wrong again with very little of the form showing although the window frame seem to be the correct size the contents were garbage. I went into the JHC Optimize control panel and simply cleared the cache. When I accessed the form link, all was fine, and the form functioned correctly in the modal window. So I'm beginning to suspect the optimizer is causing this.

You can see one of the forms at deanbibleministries.org/news

In the left side there are three panels, the third being "Site Information". If you scroll down the panel toward the bottom just above the "Podcasts" icon you'll see a Book Order Form link. That is one of the modal forms. I use RSJoomla's RSForms component for the forms. the following is the code that calls the form

<p>{modal url="index.php?option=com_rsform&amp;formId=12" width="800" height="750" title="Book Order Form" iframe="true" opacity="0.6"}</p>
<h4><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Book Order Form</span></h4>
<p>{/modal}</p>

As I stated earlier the form is working fine now as hopefully you'll see.

Do you have any thoughts as to how the optimizer might be affecting this?

Brice
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Well, that's a lot of words for saying: "Sorry for jumping to conclusions and blaming you".

It's ok.

Yes, JCH Optimize can cause CSS to get loaded in different orders causing issues. You should ask them about it.
You might need to exclude certain CSS files from being compacted.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
LOL!!! Yes, I did do a swan dive into the pool of conclusions didn't I and for that I do apologize. I was able to isolate the weird behavior to the JHC Optimize Lazy Load Images function what ever that does.

Keep up the good work. Your products are the best.
You can only post on this forum if you log in