Keyboard Shortcuts installation destroys website

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Keyboard Shortcuts installation destroys website

Richard Pearlman's Avatar Richard Pearlman
I've been having trouble installing your extensions in Joomla 4.2.3.
First, I had to get the max size of uploading extensions made much larger. This apparently is done by the host. Then when I had to reload the Quickstart (from Joomlart), due to Shortcut Keys extension just locking up the website with the 500 error mentioned in this forum, the max size went back to default and now I'm waiting for the size increase to try and load your extensions again.
I had some trouble with others, like the DB one and a couple of pothers I can't remember I didn't want to install. Most did install after a couple of tries. If the site hadn't needed reinstalling, I would know which extensions I still hadn't installed. Some of the extensions didn't go through the first time but I was still able to use the administrator. The Shortcut keys did that once and the next time I was unable to get back into the administrator. I did reload the Extension Manager once, too.
Is there something about Joomla 4.2 causing a problem?
The GeoIP and synching the database are a pain, needing an increase in memory as per this forum. I turned off the messages until the memory of the server is increased. Right now, I think I only get 512k.
I hope everything installs properly the next time.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Seems more like you have serious issues and limitations on your server/host.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Would PHP 8.0 be an issue?
Would the template by Joomlart interfere in any way?
Apparently, no one else had my issues.
I appreciate your help,
Richard
The latest dev version (will probably be released tomorrow) of Keyboard Shortcuts should not cause any more issues on installation.

regularlabs.com/development-releases
I am using the ADV Mod Manager and didn't realize not all works with Joomla 4.2.
I was very much hoping Modals would be available for 4.2. What's the projection?
See: regularlabs.com/blog/1374-joomla-4-plans...ular-labs-extensions

I am currently working on Modals and hope to have it ready within a month.
Or at least ready enough to test out.
You can only post on this forum if you log in