Advanced Module Manager, Geolocation on modules

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Advanced Module Manager, Geolocation on modules

Massimiliano Callo's Avatar Massimiliano Callo
Hi,
I'm experiencing problems with Advanced Module Manager on a module with geo location (the condition is displaying the module for all languages exempt a particular country). Last release of Joomla 4 with CloudFlare.

Is it AMM creating a debug log file to analyze the visitor ip address so that is it possible to investigate why the module is still displayed for the country in the exeption statement?

Thanks/Regards
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Advanced Module Manager doesn't log anything regarding the IP addresses.

This could be down to caching.

You can check this URL to see what location information is seen by the GeoIP extension:
regularlabs.com/geoip.php
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hi, doesn't seem to be a cache related issue.
In the environment where I'm testing the new site J4 version the cache at the moment is disabled (only cloudflare is enabled).
I have activated Joomla debug and the ip address retrieved is okay.
I tried to change the module custom html and the changes are displayed on the site.
Is there a way to debug AMM and see if the condition on the module is processed correctly?
(AMM for the module on the production site with PHP 8.1.10 and Joomla 3.10 is working)

Joomla 4.2.2
PHP 8.1.10
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Hi, I asked. For internal policy at the moment I can only give you the user/password of the protected area so that you can display the module with the problem. For debugging, if you need, you can guide me.
Confidential information:
(hidden)

The module is situated on top of the "right-bar" position (image "Cinque Terre apartments"). It should be displayed on all contries except "Italy"
The condition on the module is simple: language=english + country except "Italy".
Regards
I can't tell much from just the frontend.

If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access (admin+ftp), I am happy to look into this.
Problem solved. Was a problem with the GeoIP extension. I reinstalled GeoIP and now it's working.
You can only post on this forum if you log in