Updating “Keyboard Shortcuts” Kill my website

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Updating “Keyboard Shortcuts” Kill my website - Joomla 3.10.11 / Php 8.1 — Have to reinstall website from backup????

Patrick's Avatar Patrick
Normally, I’m really going safe when I do any update or modification on my websites. I always start by update or test a local copy before going live.

In this case I brake my rule and install on my live website the RegularLabs extensions “Keyboard Shortcuts” a short while ago. When I update it (without installing it and testing it on my local copy) it simply crash completely my live website. Idid have to reinstall completely from a backup..

Morale of the story, never use shortcuts (No pun intended) when updating or modifying a website even if it come from a trusted source.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Morale of the story: Don't forget to make a backup. Try it on a test location first.
And if you do run into issues (which can always happen for various reasons), try to figure out what is causing it (with or without the help of the developer).
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Patrick's Avatar Patrick
Morale of the story: Don't forget to make a backup. Try it on a test location first.
And if you do run into issues (which can always happen for various reasons), try to figure out what is causing it (with or without the help of the developer).

There you go!
You can only post on this forum if you log in