Module not loading on pages where it has been...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Module not loading on pages where it has been conditioned to single article

Peter Ndiritu's Avatar Peter Ndiritu
I have the advanced module manager on my Joomla 4 site. I assigned a module to a single article page. >> www.domain.com/category-menu-item-alias/article-alias
NB: The modules conditioned/assigned to display in menu item-based article pages are loading okay. >>
www.domain.com/article-menu-item-alias
So under conditions am setting it to Articles prnt.sc/U5gbje_RsRqL then picking the article under the specific ID. prnt.sc/zVmKSpdM1_k-
The module is loading for a while but after a while, that disappears.

What could be the issue?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The module is loading for a while but after a while, that disappears.
What do you mean by that?
It disappears after the page is loaded?
Or that it appears on the first pageloads, but later it no longer loads on pageload?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thank for your time on this…
It is showing after I post/submit it. Then if you load after 2 hours or so it will not unless ai clear the cache for it to display again. Please note that this is only affecting the single article assigned cases.

Thanks
So this is down to caching.

Do you have the Page Cache system plugin enabled. That caches the entire page including all modules.
You don't want that plugin enabled.

You can also switch off caching on a specific module.

Read for more on caching here: www.joomlabeginner.com/blog/tutorials/81...able-cache-in-joomla
Hello,
I have the Page Cache System plugin enabled to help with SEO... not sure if I disable it there will be a negative effect on the SEO detail, more insight could help. I am reading the way to see if I can switch off caching to the specific modules.
Regards
If you use Page Caching, it pretty much means that you cannot have any dynamic elements on your website.
The page will be cached on a desktop - for instance - and then that will be shown to everyone on mobile too.

So if you need to show modules conditionally, then you cannot use Page Caching.
You can only post on this forum if you log in