After update: errors and missing module visibility

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

After update: errors and missing module visibility

Daniele's Avatar Daniele
Hello,
after update of extensions, in two joomla 4.2.1 installations, which can be seen in this screenshot

these problems occurred:
1) appearance of the error message that can be seen in this image (in all two sites)

the message no longer appeared after logout and next login
2) in one of the two sites a module that had these visibility conditions is no longer visible: visible on the Home Page only for "Guest".
In one of the two sites I have restored a previous backup, in the other I do not have this possibility.
How can I solve?
I add that the back-end and front-end, after a first brief check, seem to be navigable as before the update, except for that module which is no longer visible.
Thank you,
Daniele

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The issue with the error on installation/update should be fixed now. So that shouldn't appear when updating again.

I am not sure why that module no longer shows.

Can you give me (s)ftp access so I can take a deeper look?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
PS: First try to re-install Advanced Module Manager.
Daniele's Avatar Daniele
Hi,
i reinstalled advanced module manager.
The error message no longer appears.
The form still does not appear.
P.S.: Can I also update the extensions on the other site or is it better to wait?
Confidential information:
(hidden)
The issue was that you had the 'Match All' setting in the Access Level condition rule set to 'Yes'.
It will then only show if the selection matches all the access levels the visitor has.

A not-logged in visitor has the access levels: "Public" and "Guest". So it won't show up if only "Guest" is selected.

In your case, the solution is just to switch off the 'Match All' setting.
Daniele's Avatar Daniele
OK, that's logical! I don't know why before the update the "Match All" rule was set to "Yes" and the module was seen for guests. But it does not matter. Thanks for solving this problem.
Regarding the other problem (the appearance of that error message in the back end after the update): can I update the extensions also in the other site that I manage or is it better to wait?
I re-uploaded the latest releases with the fix in the installer script. So it should now work without issues.

Like with all updates: Best to first try it out on a test version of your website.
Daniele's Avatar Daniele
You are right! I usually do. Not this time, unfortunately! Thank you!
You can only post on this forum if you log in