Joomla 3.10.1

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Joomla 3.10.1 - Default Layout file is not exists

Johnny's Avatar Johnny
I updated Joomla to 3.10.1 today, I also updated Advanced Template Manager from 4.03 to 4.04, now my site is broken. My website loads with a white page and the following error;

Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first.

When I disable the plugin Advanced Template Manager my site loads as expected.

Any ideas why this would be?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Did you get the error before or after you updated Advanced Template Manager?
So did you check your website between updating Joomla and Advanced Template Manager?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Johnny's Avatar Johnny
Hi Peter,

Apologies I made a mistake, my site is running Joomla 3.9.28 - I haven't updated Joomla yet. However I have updated Advanced Template Manager from 4.03 to 4.04
I recommend you make a backup of your site, update to Joomla 3.10.1 and see if you still have the issue.
Johnny's Avatar Johnny
I'll try that.

So, Advanced Template Manager v4.04 isn't compatible with Joomla 3.9.28?
It should be. But I can't offer any support on older versions of the extension or Joomla.
Johnny's Avatar Johnny
I have updated my Joomla site to v3.10.1 and Advanced Template Manager v4.04

Issue still persists - Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first.

When Joomla error reporting is max or development no extra information is visible on the home page, same message.

When I disable AMM my site works as expected.

I have tried the default protostar and beez Joomla templates, these work fine. The issue seems to be related to templates using the Helix framework, I have this error using Joomshaper Wayne Corp and Joomshaper Indigo templates.
See: docs3.regularlabs.com/advancedtemplatema.../not-compatible-with

So I guess I can add Helix to the list 🤷‍♂️
Johnny's Avatar Johnny
Sorry about that - hopefully my testing helped!

Let me know if you would like me to try anything else 🙂
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Johnny's Avatar Johnny
My site is localhost so I'm unable to provide that information, sorry!

Although if there's anything you would like to to check or send logs just let me know.
If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.
It might be due to the system plugin ordering. Try changing the ordering of the plugins in question.
See: regularlabs.com/blog/242-plugin-order-is-important
Johnny's Avatar Johnny
I've tried every combination of plugin ordering, above / below Helix framework. Top, bottom etc. Clearing cache, no difference.

If I ever get the site live i'll provide (s)ftp access. In the mean time I can simply disable the plugin. Was hoping it was an easy fix!
Ok, not much I can do for now...
Tomas 4815's Avatar Tomas 4815
I have the same problem.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Tomas 4815's Avatar Tomas 4815
Hi Peter, I have the problem locally, but I made a copy of the whole website for you and uploaded it to the hosting. Your admin login is in the "Confidential information" section.

If you disable the Advance Template Manager plugin, the site will start working.

Thank you for your help

ad. I think I've found a solution
"Additional information, for those who face this problem: the problem is not only about the fault of Advanced Template Manager. But in the case before the upgrade you have had multiple template styles linked to different pages. To solve the problem, you need to go to the template's menu binding settings, remove all selections, save, re-select, save. For the default template style - select everything, save, remove the selection, save."
www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/5735

Confidential information:
(hidden)
So you have a solution?

As far as I can see on your test site:
Advanced Template Manager searches for the template style that should be set as active. In your case that should be "Sekulárne Nebo - Slovensky", as that is set to default and no other template styles match the assignment settings.

So Advanced Template Manager sets that style as the active one.

The breaking error you get: "Default Layout file is not exists! Please goto to template manager and create a new layout first."
That is triggered and thrown by the Joomshaper template. I do not see how Advanced Template Manager can prevent that. That is - as far as I can tell - something to do with the internals of Helix.
And as you (and/or others) can see, the issue is only with Joomshaper templates...

The developer of Helix says "not only about the fault of Advanced Template Manager"... if he can be more specific about what fault there is in Advanced Template Manager ...
You can only post on this forum if you log in