Cannot find Regular Labs system plugin

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Cannot find Regular Labs system plugin

Brian Peat's Avatar Brian Peat
I've got a problem where I'm seeing this error.

I saw from your other posts regularlabs.com/forum/extensionmanager/4...ary-plugin-not-found

That I can remove the regular labs library and the system / regular labs folder.

So I renamed them and it works. It actually works with just the reg labs library.

But when I check the system / reg labs folder I don't see the file it wants.

I tried reinstalling extension manager but that gave the same issue. Then I tried reinstalling AMM but that didn't help either.

What's the solution?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Install the latest release you can find.
I released Modules Anywhere today. If you are using that, install that, so you get the latest version of the Regular Labs Library.
I don't see the file it wants
What files are you expecting? Screenshot?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I'm just in the admin screen.

snipboard.io/yhXUoL.jpg

Here's my FTP

snipboard.io/UZo4bp.jpg

snipboard.io/20mqbe.jpg

Does any of that help? I cannot navigate anywhere in the back end unless I rename system/plugins/regularlabs or libraries/regularlabs
Ok, I know what the issue is. I'll have a fix for it in about an hour...
Awesome, thanks
Hmmm, ok, so the issue shouldn't be there.... can you try deleting these folders again:
/plugins/system/regularlabs
/libraries/regularlabs

And then reinstall the latest version of Modules Anywhere?
David McCreary's Avatar David McCreary
I got same error on updating a couple of Reg Labs plugins. 0 Class 'RegularLabs\Library\SystemPlugin' not found
I deleted the folders libraries/regularlabs and plugins/system/regularlabs .... that's OK i can get to Admin now. but there is an error showing

Error
Advanced Module Manager cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.
Better Preview cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.
Modules Anywhere cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.
Tooltips cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.
Sourcerer cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.
Cache Cleaner cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.
Email Protector cannot function. Regular Labs Library plugin is not installed.

at top of admin

Where can i find, download, and upload the Library plugin? I reinstalled Extension manager but that just caused same problem.
Like mentioned in the previous replay: install the latest version of Modules Anywhere.

The Regular Labs Library is included with every Regular Labs extension.
Installing Modules Anywhere (which was released today) will make sure you have the latest version of the library installed.
Greg Dorr's Avatar Greg Dorr
I just got this same error on two sites today while updating. I deleted the folders and tried to re-install Extension Manager. The problem was that the error pops up in the middle of installation, so installation wasn't possible.

So here's how I got around it: I deleted the folders, reloaded the admin, and then DISABLED ALL REGULAR LABS PLUGINS. After that, I was able to install the latest Extension Manager without an error. Then I enabled only the EXT. MANAGER and LIBRARY plugins and used EXT MANAGER to update the other extensions.

EDIT: And then, of course, the last step is to re-enable all the Regluar Labs plugins.

Strangely, this only happened on two sites after updating 28 others, most of which also have some of those plugins.
Robert Stark's Avatar Robert Stark
I have the same issue. Deleting works, but then re-installing causes the issue again.

I downloaded the latest version of extension manager and it still caused the error.

I will try Greg Dorr's approach.

Even after deleting plg regularlabs via ftp - its still there.

Update: Uninstalling all regular labs plugins seems the only solution that worked for me.
Greg Dorr's Avatar Greg Dorr
Even after deleting plg regularlabs via ftp - its still there.

Yeah, it'll still have a record in the database table for extensions after you delete the files, so it will show up on that page, but deleting the files is all you need to do to make the admin accessible again (in my experience).
David McCreary's Avatar David McCreary
Same here... I deleted folders, got to admin, tried an install of new Advanced Module Manager via file upload, got the error again on upload. I haven't tried Greg's suggested fix yet, will try that in the morning.
So for anybody reading this and getting lost, this is the way to go:

1)
Delete these folders:
/libraries/regularlabs
(You will get other errors now, but you should be able to do everything you need in the admin.)

2)
Reinstall the latest version of Modules Anywhere.
Seems to have worked
Fred Mellink's Avatar Fred Mellink
Hallo,

Zie mijn probleem:
Sourcerer zal niet goed functioneren. Regular Labs Library plugin is niet geïnstalleerd.

success
Content Templater v11.2.2 has been successfully reinstalled
The Regular Labs Library v23.3.22869 has been successfully reinstalled
Regular Labs Conditions v23.3.22869 has been successfully installed
info
Content Templater v11.2.2 has been successfully reinstalled

Bedankt voor je hulp!!
Please keep the forum in English.

Did you try the things advised above?
I did all actions:

/libraries/regularlabs

are deleted and then I installed latest sopurcere, quickindex, extension manager and content templater. Result:

danger
Quick Index kan niet functioneren. Regular Labs Library plugin is niet geïnstalleerd.
AA_EXTENSION_CAN_NOT_FUNCTION AA_REGULAR_LABS_LIBRARY_NOT_INSTALLED
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?

You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
@Fred: I don't see any of the errors on your administrator side. I just installed Articles Anywhere Free on your site and it all seems to function fine.

You do have serious issues on the frontend, which currently shows a fatal PHP error about JString. But that is not caused by any Regular Labs extensions, by the looks of it.
You can only post on this forum if you log in