Search
Other Better Preview questions
Forum

Clicking blue Preview Button In Joomla Article Manager For an ArticleResults In Invalid Security Token

Alex Block's Avatar Alex Block
Today when I log into my web site and go to view an Joomla article (either core Joomla article or one that uses SPPB Editor), when I click the blue Preview button, the preview popup window appears, and I see the message:

The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again.

This happens on all my Articles in the Joomla Article Manager (regular Joomla articles or SPPB ones) and it doesn't matter if they were created a long time ago, or just this past week.

This happens in all web browsers, even after cache and cookies deleted.

Any ideas why this would occur? Joomla! 3.9.24 / PHP 7.3 (also occurs with PHP 7.4)

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is caused by the "Shared Sessions" setting in the Joomla Global Configuration.

I have not been able to find a way around this.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks for the clarification. Indeed, we have Shared Sessions enabled on quite a few of our Joomla sites, due to the use of another extension that must have Shared Sessions enabled to run. Hopefully one day you will find a way to make it work, as your plugin is really nice since we can preview changes before they are saved, which is so super-helpful!
Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases
FANTASTIC! It works again 🙂 Thank you so much!
The new version has been released.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription