Better Preview

Getting 403 when trying to preview articles.

1 year 9 months ago #85498

Daniel Benson's Avatar Daniel Benson

Using version 6.2.2 with Joomla 3.9.3

Every time I hit the preview button I get a 403 Error - Access to this resource on the server is denied! - in both Firefox & Chrome on different computers.

I've been using BP for many years now and never had this issue. Any ideas?

1 year 9 months ago #85499

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

When did it stop working? After an update of something?
Did you install something like a firewall extension? Or Akeeba AdminTools?
Or something change on your server?

1 year 9 months ago #85509

Daniel Benson's Avatar Daniel Benson

Hi Peter,

Sorry my post was so vague, I literally had no idea what information would be useful to troubleshoot this. 🙂

When: I'm not sure, somewhere between a few days and a week.

I didn't install a firewall extension, and I do use Akeeba Admin Tools which has always co-existed happily with BP. I haven't changed anything on the server, but that's not to say my host hasn't tweaked a setting somewhere.

Come to think of it, the only new extension I installed recently (and then subsequently uninstalled) was AutoTweetNG - but again I can't be sure that this coincided with BP throwing the 403 error.

EDIT: I just tried again now and it works with published articles, but throws a 403 when I try to preview an unpublished article.

1 year 9 months ago #85510

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

I think the first thing to do here is ask your host if they can see what id blocking those urls (triggered by Better Preview) from loading.
It is probably down to some security module installed by the host on the server.