Search
Other Articles Field questions
Forum

Articles Field for Joomla 4

Peter L.'s Avatar Peter L.
Hello !

Your Articles Field is a very useful extension which I want to use in some further projects.
Unfortunately You announced an update on Joomla 4 compatibility by mid of 2022.
As I don't want to start new projects with Joomla 3, I am searching for alternatives. Best alternative would be to see Your Joomla 4 ready extension earlier than announced.

Possibly I am not the only one who wwould appreciate an earlier update and I am wondering what I (we) can do to make You prefer this extensions update over others.

How about a bonus payment?

If other users also can hardly wait for the update, please leave a comment. Maybe we can ask Peter to change the roadmap.

Thank You
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The road map order is based on different aspects:
- What makes the most sense technically (extensions with similar or shared code can be done faster if done together)
- What makes financial sense (extensions that don't sell well have less priority)
- Whether extensions are still needed for Joomla 4
- What I need to use personally for my sites
- And what I enjoy most to tackle first

Accepting payment for changing the roadmap is a tricky one. What if you pay to bump it up... that will mean that others will have to wait longer and are negatively impacted just because you (and some others?) got the idea to pay it up.
What if people then pay for the other one that got bumped down... should I then revert the ordering again?
Seems unfair.

I am currently working on the Assignments (Conditions) part that will be completely overhauled.
This will be used in Advanced Module Manager, ReReplacer Pro, Content Templater Pro and Conditional Content.
After that the Regular Labs Extension Manager needs doing.
The plan was to have Advanced Module Manager ready before the end of the year... that's in 3 weeks. I don't expect to make that 'deadline'...

So in other words: The road map is what it is. The order might change because of decisions I need to make.
The time frame (expected ready dates are - like explained there - just rough estimates and might change too.

Going as fast as I can.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Peter L.'s Avatar Peter L.
I don't think it's unfair to rearrange the order when a majority of users are reporting a need. If they are also willing to reinforce their wish with a bonus payment, this is a typical win-win situation.
Nobody expects that You do that for a couple of users or me alone.

At the end of the day, that's your expansion and your decision.

thanks
Vinny Hebert's Avatar Vinny Hebert
I too am waiting for this. I have 2 sites that are on hold waiting for Article Field for J4 for use with subforms.
Wim de Ruijter's Avatar Wim de Ruijter
Hi Peter, thanks for the clear roadmap. I too am looking forward to start using Articles Field in Joomla 4 as there's no viable alternative. Such a powerfull tool!
The first early alpha is ready for testing:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

It has not been tested all the way through yet. So I expect there to be quite a number of things to fix.
So any feedback is welcome and helps me to get to the stable release faster.
Awesome Peter. After creating the field and opening it from the fields list view I get an error and the view does not load correctly.
Edit: also, when trying to fill in the field in an article I expected a chosen field, or autocomplete field like the core Joomla tags field. Instead it seems to be a general text input field.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Weird. I can't reproduce the issue.

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Peter, I've created 4 fields. 2 used in a group, a specific article category and subform. 2 used in all categories, not in a group. The last 2 work fine in the article. But all of them give an error while editing the field.
(hidden)
Peter, I've created 4 fields. 2 used in a group, a specific article category and subform. 2 used in all categories, not in a group. The last 2 work fine in the article. But all of them give an error while editing the field.
(hidden)
Really weird.
For some reason only half of the files in folder /libraries/regularlabs/src/Form/Field are written to your server.
I can't figure out yet why not all files are being copied from the zip file.

Could it be your server is out of space?
Ok, figured it out... 1 sec
I'm gonna refactor some stuff (move files around)... so I'll fix this. Expect a new dev version in an hour or so.
Could it be your server is out of space?
Nope, seems you found the issue 🙂 Not sure I can test further this afternoon but tonight I'll go on with this for sure.
Ok, it is fixed on your setup and in latest development release on:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Thanks Peter! Should I be able to select multiple articles in a single Articles custom field? Or should I use it in a subform to achieve that?
Never mind, I noticed the Multiple setting in the plugin settings.
After changing the setting in de plugin to multiple I can select multiple articles 🙂
Exactly. It relies on the 'Multiple' setting in the Field settings.
Vinny Hebert's Avatar Vinny Hebert
You just gave me a reason to get up this morning.
😁
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription