Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Wrong sefurl of unpublished articles

Thomas Venugopal's Avatar Thomas Venugopal
I have a page where I have a list of articles. In this list are published and unpublished articles. I ouput some data + the sefurl of each article.

Here's the problem: All links from sefurl of unpublishes articles have wrong sefurl which leads to a 404 error.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Try placing a link to an unpublished article directly in an article via the Joomla "article" editor button (so not using Articles Anywhere).
Do you the get the correct url on the frontend?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Try placing a link to an unpublished article directly in an article via the Joomla "article" editor button (so not using Articles Anywhere).

Sorry, I did not understand that. The Joomla button gets replaced by the articles anywhere plugin, isn't it? I posted the link to the frontend in my first post. It's about the wrong urls in the frontend:
(hidden)
You can enable the Joomla core Article editor plugin in the plugin manager.

Yo see if the issue is really with Articles Anywhere or with the article routing itself…
I tested it with the core editor plugin. Same result, the links are broken. It doesn't matter if the article is trashed or unpublished, same behaviour. But what's really strange is the fact that it works for category 1 but not on category 2 (see demo). Also: for some unpublished items it does work and for some other not.

(hidden)
So as you demonstrated, this has nothing to do with Articles Anywhere.
This is down to the article routing in Joomla itself. Maybe something wrong with your setup. Or maybe some bug in Joomla.

I recommend you ask around on the Joomla forum:
forum.joomla.org
I tested it in a fresh Joomla 4 installation and I get different results. The URL is correct, but some parameters are incorrectly appended: https://www..domain.tld/page?view=article&id=333&catid=128 also resulting in a 404 error. I will ask in the forum, thank you.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription