Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Support for PostgreSQL - Articles Anywhere

Luiz Felipe  Tavares's Avatar Luiz Felipe Tavares
Hello, I am trying to setup Joomla with PostgreSQL as my database. However I cannot get Articles Anywhere to work, I get an error message saying SQLSTATE[42601]: Syntax error: 7 ERROR: syntax error at or near "LIKE" LINE 1: SHOW TABLES LIKE 'sq5et_fields' ^

Do you provide support for PostgreSQL databases ?

Thank you,

Best regards
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
My extensions are only tested on MySQL (and MariaDB). I offer no specific support for PostgreSQL.

That being said, I have no code in Articles Anywhere that would do a SHOW TABLES on the fields table.
So this could be down to an other plugin/code being triggered by outputting specific fields.

Switch on Error Reporting in your Joomla configuration to see the full error trace (to see what is actually triggering that error).
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
In order to avoid the interference of other plugins/extensions I am testing this in a clean joomla install, and I only installed articles anywhere in it.

I turned on the error trace, and it seems to be related to Articles Anywhere calls.

You can find the error trace in this link:
dev2.intratec.us/

I would appreciate your assistance
Ah, Joomla 3 version.... ok.

Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Thank you for your great and timely assistance.

Just updated the extension, the previous error is gone, but now there is a new error message:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "'query_comment'" LINE 1: ....CustomFields.getAvailableFieldsFromDB : 63 ]' as 'query_com... ^
/var/www/vhosts/dev.intratec.us/dev2.intratec.us/libraries/joomla/database/driver/postgresql.php:1557

The new trace is available at: dev2.intratec.us/

Do you think that there is something that I could do to prevent this compatibility issues globally ? Besides using MySQL or MariaDB.

Once again, thank you very much for your great support.
The query_comment is added when in debug mode or when the "Use Query Comments" option in the Articles Anywhere system plugin settings is enabled.
Do you think that there is something that I could do to prevent this compatibility issues globally ? Besides using MySQL or MariaDB.
No, don't think so.
A lot of extensions will rely on MySQL and have custom queries that will break on PostgreSQL.
So I expect you to run into more things.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription