Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Issue with Dates

Collin Lafrance's Avatar Collin Lafrance
Hello Peter,

I seem to have an issue with Articles Anywhere that is really perplexing.

Our events pages, I only noticed this recently (so may have been a long time issue), is not respecting the actual time.

For example, we are in Toronto (EDT timezone). I have pages setup that show the events for Today, Tomorrow, 2 Days, 3 Days.... 7 Days.
The pages for Today and Tomorrow work fine. The other pages too, however for 2 Days... 7 Days, as soon as it becomes 8pm EDT, it will show the following date's events, rather than wait until 12am. This doesn't happen with Today or Tomorrow.

I have checked and we use the Calendar field in Joomla, so when we enter a date and time, in MySQL it seems to shift it ahead by 4 hours when saved, yet it shows fine in Joomla. Needless to say, none of them end up being within 4 hours of 8pm, and all the events for the following day show up at the same time as of 8pm EDT. So I don't necessarily think it saving +4 hours in MySQL is the issue since they all have different times, and they all show up a day ahead in the Articles Anywhere pages at the same time (8pm onward) anyways.

I have checked and confirmed my server settings. It is physically located in Toronto. The server timezone is set to Toronto (EDT), the mySQL timezone is set to Toronto (EDT). Joomla Global Config is set to Toronto, and even my user accounts are either Default or Toronto.

Really not sure what to do next. It's a bit of an issue though since the affected pages say for example : Events for November 4, 2022, yet for people visiting between 8pm-12am, it will show events underneath for November 5th.

Again what is odd is this will happen with the Today+2 Days .... Today+7 Days, but doesn't do this phenomenon with Today or Tomorrow.

Thank you for your help Peter.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks Peter. I have installed the new Dev version. I will monitor for the next 24 hours and let you know if there are any further issues.

Thanks for the quick fix.
Hi Peter I installed the Dev version and it is now past 8pm EST and Nov 6 is showing Nov 7 events so it doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue. For the next 3 hours you can see example on
(hidden)
I'll try to look into this over the weekend...
The admin access does not seem to work.
I would also need ftp access (earlier given credentials also no longer work).
Hi Peter, sorry about that, I have corrected the first post with the latest details to connect. Thank you.
I still can't log in to the admin side...
(hidden)
Nope, no joy.
I'm really sorry, I don't understand why they aren't working.

Please try this new one:
(hidden)
It doesn't come back with an error message, but just reloads the admin login screen.
Have your tried logging in yourself with these credentials?
Never mind... finally was able to get in after force deleting browser cache and cookies...
Ok, I think I fixed the issue...
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Thanks Peter. I have installed the new DEV version. I will report back in 12 hours (once we hit 8pm) if the problem is corrected or otherwise to let you know.

Thanks again.
Hi Peter, it appears the new version has fixed the problem.

Thank you again.
Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription