Forum

Showing the voting

Philip Walton's Avatar Philip Walton
Is there any way to show the voting similar to the hits
So
{article}[Hits]{/article} is great and shows the hits number
but
{article}[Voting]{/article} just shows [Voting]

Is there any way to show the voting using articles anywhere and any way that people who are logged in and seeing the vote can vote using the Rate system in joomla articles? so the stars change?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Are you using a 3rd party extension for the voting?
Where is the vote count stored?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
No just the joomla article vote system which is capable of showing the total votes cast and the star rating. I'm using yootheme Pro to build a template of the page so hoped to be able to use articles anywhere to precisely output on the page where I wanted those elements. I can call so many parts such as page hits using
{article}[Hits]{/article}
But cannot find the vote or rating elements listed in articles anywhere to show those parts of a content page
No, Articles Anywhere currently does not support outputting the votes.
You would need to do that using custom PHP.

You can simply do this via Sourcerer though:
{source}<?php echo $article->rating; ?>{/source}
Thanks.

I had several goes but it does not seem to work if used in a yootheme pro template (the area you can build a layout via the builder which applies to a specific category)
Shame but this was an attempt to make it work with yootheme, so ideally I will see if they can add directly.
Yeah, I guess this is a bit Yootheme specific...
I asked but they are not interested, shame it was a great little voting system to vote for article based products.
At least articles anywhere came to the rescue with the article fields pulling through their templating system, that was a bonus
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription