Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Filtering articles on multiple conditions (part 2) / Issue using < character in date-filters

Ton van Loon's Avatar Ton van Loon
I have made a test setup in a article (id=82) for filtering articles with 5 filters. Starting with 1 filter and sbusequently elaborating it with extra filters, expecting the filters to narrow down the number of articles returned. Because the articles must to conform ALL FILTERS

I have named the 5 filter-scenarios A, B, C, D, E. Each scenario has a H4-header displaying the filter to be used (as plain text) to distinguish them. Inititally I have made my test article using Code Mirror editor.

This goes very well, until I start filtering on a (custom) calendar-field with a LESS-THEN evaluation (scenario D). Then the code execution goes wrong. Already at displaying the H4-header of scenario D the rendering goes wrong. The problem seems to be the LESS-THEN character in the code.

To test this I have put a plain HTML text paragraph at the beginning of my article (id=82) with a "<" character: It doesn't display this right.
See online outcome: sta.vanloon.net/index.php/tst/test-multiple-filters

Then I have copied the exact code from the Code Mirror into a new article (id=84) using the wysiwyg-editor TinyMCE via menu Tools / Source Code - . Then the the plain HTML text paragraph at the beginning of my article with a "<" character is properly display.

But the still the code execution goes wrong here. As I expect secenario D to still output article-ID 70 and article-ID 83.
See online outcome: sta.vanloon.net/index.php/tst/test-multi...ilters-using-wysiwyg

Article ID's are displayed in the listings of all scenario's.

Please help. What am I doing wrong?

Code used for filter scenario's A through D narrowing down the articles displayed:
<div>
  <p>  Test plain HTML: datum-eerste-uitvoering="<date('+8 days')" </p>
<h4>
A) 1 Filter: category:id="11" include-child-categories="true"
</h4>
{articles category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" ordering="datum-eerste-uitvoering ASC" limit="99" separator="<br/>"}
   [count]. id:[id] - [title] - <b>Cat:</b>[category] {/articles}
<p></p><p></p>
<h4>
B) 2 Filters: category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true"
</h4>
{articles category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" ordering="datum-eerste-uitvoering ASC" limit="99" separator="<br/>"}
   [count]. id:[id] - [title] - <b>Cat:</b>[category] - <b>Featured:</b> [featured] {/articles}
<p></p><p></p>
<h4>
C) 3 Filter: category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" status="0" 
</h4>
{articles category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" status="0" ordering="datum-eerste-uitvoering ASC" limit="99" separator="<br/>"}
   [count]. id:[id] - [title] - <b>Cat:</b>[category] - <b>Featured:</b> [featured] - <b>Status:</b> [status:value] {/articles}
<p></p><p></p>
<h4>
D) 4 Filters: category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" status="0" datum-eerste-uitvoering="<date('+8 days')"
</h4>
{articles category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" datum-eerste-uitvoering="&lt;date('+8 days')" ordering="datum-eerste-uitvoering ASC" limit="99" separator="<br/>"}
   [count]. [id] [title] - <b>Cat:</b>[category] - <b>Featured:</b> [featured] - <b>Status:</b> [status:value] <b>Eerste uitvoering:</b>[datum-eerste-uitvoering]{/articles}
<p></p><p></p>
<h4>
E) 5 Filters : category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" status="0" datum-eerste-uitvoering="&lt;date('+8 days' )" datum-laatste-uitvoering=">date('-1 days')"
</h4>
{articles category:id="11" include-child-categories="true" featured="true" datum-eerste-uitvoering="&lt;date('+8 days')" datum-laatste-uitvoering=">date('-1 days')" ordering="datum-eerste-uitvoering ASC" limit="99" separator="<br/>"}
   [count]. id:[id] - [title] - <b>Cat:</b>[category] - <b>Featured:</b> [featured] - <b>Status:</b> [status:value] <b>Eerste uitvoering:</b>[datum-eerste-uitvoering] <b>Laatste uitvoering:</b>[datum-laatste-uitvoering] {/articles}

</div>

Environment:
- J4.0.3
- Articles Anywhere 11.1.3PRO-dev2170017
- editor 1 : Code Mirror
- eidtor 2: TinyMCE

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
It is fixed on your setup and in latest development release on:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

PS: I updated your code a bit to be more readable for testing.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Vinny Hebert's Avatar Vinny Hebert
Has the "<" & ">" being converted to &lt and &gt been fixed? I have the current development release
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This should have been fixed in the last stable release: v11.1.3
See: regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/changelog
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription