Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Problems with activated cache

Massimiliano Callo's Avatar Massimiliano Callo
Hi,
I installed the AMM and configured 2 different banner modules with the country option activated ("include ITALY" or "exclude ITALY").
The Joomla has "progressive caching" and "browser cache" plugin activated.
After performing a "joomla clear cache" and a "clear browser cache" everything if working fine, the banners are displayed correctly in italy and in the other countries.
After a while I visit again the webpage and I see (as italian visitor) the banners that should only ber displayed on the countries outside Italy.
Again, I clear the whole webpage cache and browser cache and the problem disappear (the correct banner module is correctly diplayed in italy).
Tried to disable cache on the 2 banner modules but the problem still arise.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You probably have the Page Cache system plugin enabled. That caches the entire page including all modules.
You don't want that plugin enabled.

Read for more on caching here: www.joomlabeginner.com/blog/tutorials/81...able-cache-in-joomla
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Massimiliano Callo's Avatar Massimiliano Callo
Hi,
After some testing I discovered that by using "progressive cache" the cache parameter "no cache" on the "banner module" was not used. It's used only when "conservative cache" is enabled. So I switched to "conservative cache".
I'm still wondering if there's a way to disable the plugin cache and configure the browser cache (excluding the cache on the banner module) via the .htaccess file.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I couldn't tell you.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription