Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Modules are shown on pages not assigned to

M Manshanden's Avatar M Manshanden
I have modules assigned to menu items. I noticed after upgrading to Joomla 5.1 that all modules with position right are shown on login page while they are not assigned to that page. I tried to fix this but cannot solve. Do you have an idea?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Generally, pages that do not have a menu item specifically assigned, will use the default menu item or a menu item (Itemid) that is considered a parent.

You would probably need to add a condition to specifically exclude the login page, either by url or component.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
The pages where the modules are shown wrongly are assigned to menu items, while these modules are not assigned to these menu items. I tried a condition to exclude modules for these pages by url and component without effect. No matter what I try, modules remain visible on pages which they are not assigned to. I have this issue on a few pages, all other pages are correct.
It may be down to the template.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
I think this is down to the template, which seems to override what Advanced Module Manager is trying to do.

See if you can reproduce the issue with the Joomla default template.
Indeed, the Joomla default template solves the issue, problems occur with the template I use. I look further into this. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription