Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Module condition with AJAX call

Lorenzo Rossini's Avatar Lorenzo Rossini
Hi 🙂
is there a solution to bypass an AJAX page call and module conditions?

I plan to use Ecwid for an ecommerce, the problem is that the shop is hosted on their servers (SaaS) and apparently the page navigation is done in AJAX and no way to exclude some Joomla modules… or maybe I’m missing something?

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The module conditions are done on the server side when the page is rendered.
So any changes to the page after pageload (ajax) do not influence the conditions.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I don't know if I understood the answer, so once the page is loaded with the module and conditions, no matter the AJAX call, the module must take into account the conditions?
The page gets loaded at which point all the conditions are already checked and the modules are shown based on those conditions.

If parts of the page then change via ajax, the modules that were already showing, will remain there.
Unless the ajax also reloads parts where modules are showing. What happens in those cases is very much down to how that component functions.
so in this case I think that's what happens, part of the page changes via ajax and the module remain displayed 🙁
Honestly I don't understand Ecwid's philosophy, what's the point of integrating their solution if you can't arrange the modules as you want?

Confidential information:
(hidden)
The page indeed does not get re-loaded. Just updated via ajax.
That means that the modules are not regenerated and Joomla does not know about the new URL.

So no, you can't do what you want with Advanced Module Manager.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription