Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Conditions selects don't load

Gianluca Pantaleo's Avatar Gianluca Pantaleo
Advanced module manager installed ok joomla 4.
After first set conditions, than open again the module to edit the conditions but they don't load.

Whatch here, please:
www.gallettisnc.com/restyle/advanced-module-manager.webm
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Try clearing your browser's cache and the Joomla cache…
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I tried but it doesn't works.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
It looks like your server is redirecting ajax calls with long URLs to the index.php.
This is probably down to some PHP setting on your server. Ask your host about this.
No man, I'm sorry. there is no problem with PHP setting. I called my hosting provider, tried PHP 7.4 than 8.0 than 8.1 and tried many PHP setting but nothing fixed the problem. The problem is facing only when there are more than one conditions as the module I told you has. If you try any other module with just one conditions they works properly.
Yes, which is caused by long urls not being accepted.
Ask your host to increase the maximum url/query length limit.
Tell me the exact name of the string that I have to modify and the new value you suggested, please. Thanks
That depends on the server... ask your host.
I asked my hosting provider and they answered me: "sorry, unfortunately that parameter cannot be changed". At this point your extension is useless to me because it doesn't work and it doesn't have virtuemart support. I am very sorry because this extension in joomla 3 is phenomenal, I would say essential. But for joomla 4 it is not. Are there other ways to solve the problem, please? Thank you.
Sorry, I have no solution for you for your Joomla 4 setup.
You seem to be the only one running into the issue you state and is down to your server setup.
I cannot solve something that is down to your host.

Regarding the VirtueMart stuff, yeah, that is something you will need to solve via the PHP conditions.

If this all means you cannot use Advanced Module Manager, then that pretty much is what it is.
PHP conditions are for developer users, not regular users like us. I think your extension should be designed to help users like us who don't have programming or development skills. Furthermore, I consider the integration with Virtemart fundamental because it is the most widespread ecommerce component for joomla, much more than hikashop for which you have developed the integration instead.
Thank you for your opinion.
I have no plans to integrate conditions specifically for VirtueMart.
What I don't like is that you increase your subscription price and I have less...
I advise you to not renew your subscription.
Maybe you can find a different solution that fits your needs on Joomla 4 (and is cheaper).
David Earley's Avatar David Earley
I am also having this problem using 3.10 and k2. None of the ajax selectors are working. If there is an ability to increase the URL size can you help indicated what that is?
Hope to hear that I'm not the only one. A lot of hosting provider, expecislli shared hosting which are the most used, doens't allow to change URL size or other server configuration.
Still to be determined if it is the same issue.

@David Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
David Earley's Avatar David Earley
Got it to work when I remove nearly all other filter option in the settings but k2 (the one I mostly need. Seam like when there are more then a couple it will only list the category number and not the ajax list.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription