Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Feature Request: Create backend menu item for filtered module list views

Thomas Venugopal's Avatar Thomas Venugopal
I have backend menus for specific user roles so that they can navigate easier and faster through the different parts of Joomla. When I create a backend menu item to view all articles I'm able to select from which category and other filter options. It would be great to create backend menu items to AAM where we can use the filters to tailor the view for a specific task, too.

prnt.sc/oAjBCryVfM0S

Menu items (in the backend of course) could show only modules which are published on a specific position combined with a search string and so on.

That way it would be much easier to navigate team colleagues through the CMS. They are often overwhelmed when they see how many articles or modules there are. Since Joomla 4 modules are listed under "Content". So I think it would be a great benefit for content editors to navigate the modules as they can in articles.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
There are no plans to create an "Advanced Menu Manager".
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I'm note sure if it would be an "Advanced Menu Manager". It would be just an Adavanced Module Manager which allows us to filter the list view by the fields which already exist in the Adavanced Module Manager. Example: Show only published modules.
I am not sure what you are actually asking for.

If you want to control the display of modules based on different stuff, like menu items, URL parameters, categories, etc... then that is already possible with Advanced Module Manager.
I'm talking about the backend menus. I created a admin menu for the Joomla Backend: prnt.sc/x8HrylmAvrso

When I create a menu item to list articles in the backend I have the ability to choose from which category, as well as author, access level and other attributes to filter for: prnt.sc/oAjBCryVfM0S

When I create a backend menu item to list all modules with AAM I don't see options to filter for: prnt.sc/UYrkjXFKjgVB

So what I'm asking for is some filter options for the backend menus of AAM. That way we could streamline the experience for users of the backend (team colleagues, external copywriter etc.). Modules are content items and therefor it would be nice to have AAM backend menu item catch up with the options of backend articles menu item.

Do you understand now? It's actually a good idea. 😉
Ah, ok… nope, Advanced Module Manager can only control frontend modules through the conditions.
There are no plans to add support for administrator modules.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription