Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Unable to change module access permissions when using Advanced Module Manager

Pieter-Jan de Vries's Avatar Pieter-Jan de Vries
Hi,

Working on a client site, I just found out that it's impossible to change the `Access` permission of a module. Disabling the Advanced Module Manager solves the problem. Enabling the Advanced Module Manager once more, causes the problem to reappear.

The site uses version 9.3.0PRO d.d. 2022-09-01.

Regards,

Pieter-Jan de Vries
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
With Advanced Module Manager the access level is considered to be just another condition rule type.
So to apply an access level, create a condition for it.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Mmm... Rather awkward and unexpected. There is no indication this is the case. I didn't know Advanced Module Manager was in use. When editing a module, that's not quite obvious. Everything looks the same, so is the `Access` setting. How is one to know a condition must be created for it? And why not keep the core Joomla! access settings in place, to at least keep AMM compatible with core module manager usage?
By the way, I just realize I have another module with the same `Access` setting that I need for the new module. They are Administrator Menu modules, by the way. That other module shows up as expected, although there is no specific condition for it yet. It may have been available before AMM was installed. Could that be the reason why it shows up, while the new module does not?
Administrator modules don't have conditions. I'm getting more confused by the minute.
Apologies for the confusion, by not mentioning the problem occurs with Administrator modules.
Ah, this was indeed a bug. It is fixed now in the latest dev version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Thanx for your usual swift response and fix. Works like a charm. Now I only have to figure out why the module still does not show, but that's probably not an AMM thing 🙂
Let me know...
No, not an AMM thing. Thanx once more for your fast and adequate help.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription