Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Can I add a (Joomla) Tag in HTML code, so Advanced Module Manager can use that?

Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Hi,

I know you can add Joomla Tags to Joomla content, as there is a special field for that. And I see Advanced Module Manager can decide to show or hide depending on the existence of such a tag.

Is it possible to add a (Joomla) Tag for Advanced Module Manager manually to a html-code of a (non-article) page? I would have that for an extension which creates different kinds of own pages, from which only one kind of the pages should show the module. That is why I cannot use your "Components" option for it, as other kind of pages created by this component shouldn't show the module.

P.s.: Adding custom HTML (to place a tag for Advanced Module Manager) in the template of that particular component page is no problem for me, as it has his own template.

With kind regards, Nico
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No, that is not possible. The article tags have nothing to do with HTML. It is like a 1-dimensional category or label.

Maybe you can do what you need by using the URL condition rules.
So see if the pages you want it on have something common in the url.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick and clear answer! I had already tested with the URL option. Indeed, originally there is a special parameter in the URL, but that is gone too quickly as sh404sef rewrites it to a SEF URL. So I think I cannot use the URL condition for it.

So my last(resort) option is probably your PHP condition option. I can put anything, for example, "Please take module xxx for a ride" on those pages. But I still haven't figured out how a light PHP code in Module Anywhere can crawl the page for such kind of string. There are also some specific global variables declared on these pages.

Do you think there is a way to test the existent of one of these options with a PHP code?
If there is some parameter/value in the non-SEF URL, then that will also be available in the Joomla 'input' object when switching to SEF URLs.

See: docs4.regularlabs.com/advancedmodulemana...ustom-php-conditions
Nifa's Avatar Nifa
Wow, you really rock with your Pro. I will dive in it, but I think you have just saved my week 😉 Thank you so much!
My pleasure 😁
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription