Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Using AMM without Conditions

Ton van Loon's Avatar Ton van Loon
I noticed installing AMM affects the existing Menu Assignments of the core module manager, disturbing my current site configuration. I am not ready to use Conditions (yet).

Is there a way to either:
1) Generate rules automatically based on 'core' menu assignments?
2) Disable* Conditions so I can fall back on 'core' menu assignments?

* I tried disabling the Conditions extension, but it only hides the Global Configurations page, it remains effective in AMM and still affects the menu assignments of the core module manager.

Environment:
- J4.1
- Advanced Module Manager v9.0.10 [PRO]
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Was v9.0.10 the first version you installed? Or did you update to that version?

Before v9.0.10, then core menu assignments were not being converted to Conditions correctly.
This should work well with v9.0.10.

However, it will not affect modules you already saved in AMM or already have a (wrong) Condition.

So if you haven't done much with the AMM features themselves (like adding colors and categories, and creating custom Conditions), I recommend you delete these tables from your database, and reinstall v9.0.10.
xxx_advancedmodules
xxx_conditions
xxx_conditions_groups
xxx_conditions_map
xxx_conditions_rules
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ton van Loon's Avatar Ton van Loon
Removing the tables and reïnstalling v9.0.10. worked quite well.

But for 2 modules in addition to the "menu-assignment"-conditions an extra "OR"-clause with a "published-date"-condition was automatically created causing these modules to show up on every page. Simply removing the extra "date"-condition corrected the issue.

I have no clue where the etxra publishing-condition may have come from, but I will not further investigate it.

Thanks for your prompt assistance, once again!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
An "OR" clause? That is weird.
If there is also a date set in the Publish Up/Down fields in the core module, it should add that as a Rule. But as an "AND" rule, not an "OR".
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription