Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Glitch In Advanced Module Manager ... Fields Dupicating

Justin's Avatar Justin
When opening an existing or new module, about every 2 seconds the various fields duplicate, and it's not possible to save:

Never come across this before. Using Joomla 3.10.5 and Advanced Module Manager 8.0.5
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Weird, I cannot reproduce that issue. Maybe some conflict with another extension you have installed...
Can you give me (super) admin access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Justin's Avatar Justin
Sure thing:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Thanks.
Not sure what you did, but it stopped doing it now...
Justin's Avatar Justin
When I test in FF and Chrome it's still duplicating fields.
I think it is down to some javascript files being cached.
Try clearing the Joomla and browser cache…
Justin's Avatar Justin
Strange. I cleared browser cache in FF and Chrome, and cleared any cache on Joomla but still no luck. Is is working properly when you test on your end?
Justin's Avatar Justin
I believe I found the issue. I disabled K2's System plugin and the issue stopped. Strange as I've used K2 and Advanced Module Manager on a number of sites and never ran into any issues.
Justin's Avatar Justin
It seems another issue has popped up (unless you're currently testing on your end), but when I try to close out of a module nothing happens.

The message I see in Inspector is: Uncaught TypeError: o is null
jQuery 2
onclick www.site.com/administrator/index.php?opt...module&layout=edit:1
jquery.min.js:1:207
Yes, weird stuff. I honestly have no idea.
It is hard to track down, as you have quite a lot of 3rd party extensions in the mix.

Can you make a clean Joomla 3 installation with only AMM installed and see if you still have the issues?
Then at least you know if it is down to AMM itself or something else causing it...
PS: The element inspector is showing javascript files - and actually the entire HTML and body - being refreshed on an interval. This is causing all sorts of weirdness. I have no idea what is doing that.
Justin's Avatar Justin
I've stripped down a copy of the site on my localhost to the only the Joomla core, AMM, and Akeeba and the issue is still present. Would it be possible to troubleshoot this version if I upload it to a dev server? I'd be more than happy to pay for your time to troubleshoot the issue.
If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.
Justin's Avatar Justin
That would be great!

Here's the test site info:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

If it helps, the site itself was running 3.8.3 before updating to 3.10.5 ... the Joomla update itself went as it should (no issues popped up).
This issue is. caused by your setup missing the Joomla core Ajax component.
This is used by Advanced Module Manager, but also other things in Joomla core and 3rd party extensions.
All scripts that are trying to load things via ajax (using the option=com_ajax) are now failing.

So in other words: Your Joomla setup is broken and you should fix it.

I recommend you first go to: administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=discover
And also fix any database issues via: administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=database
Justin's Avatar Justin
Thanks so much ... it never occurred to me to check that! Can I send you beer money to your PayPal account? Is so let me know.
Nope, I don't really drink beer 😁
Justin's Avatar Justin
Ok then, wine? Thanks again, appreciate your help with this!
ssnobben ssnobben's Avatar ssnobben ssnobben
Nice gesture of you Justin!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription