Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Module assignments awry when using gzip

Crispin Jones's Avatar Crispin Jones
On a couple of website I have discovered that the module assignments can become effectively randomised when Gzip is enabled in global settings. This appear to be a recent phenomena.

Any ideas, other than not using gzip?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Looks to be more of a caching issue.

You probably have the Page Cache system plugin enabled. That caches the entire page including all modules.
You don't want that plugin enabled.

Read for more on caching here: www.joomlabeginner.com/blog/tutorials/81...able-cache-in-joomla
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
That's what I thought. I then disabled all the caching I could find, including that in Global Settings. Deleted the existing caches and expired cache. Still had a problem. Switch Gzip on and off clearly switched the assignments around.

So far two of my websites have been effected. It is a recent problem so I don't know if it's related to recents Joomla updates. The sites are currently on V 3.10.4
See if the same issue is there when not using Advanced Module Manager.
So on a setup where you use the core Joomla module manager to assign modules to menu items...
Jean Hins's Avatar Jean Hins
Same problem here: imaginefilm.be/fr/films/item/1423-great-freedom

This page should not show the top picture, this module sonly allowed on the films menu but not in child pages and excluded in Flexicontent Content Item

It was working fine for 2 years but is now broken. It works fine when cache is disabled.

Any ideas?
To be fair I'm not keen to experiment on what is a very busy website. The effect turns the whole website into a complete mess. Ideally I would need to set up a development site for this.
@Jean:
See if the same issue is there when not using Advanced Module Manager.
So on a setup where you use the core Joomla module manager to assign modules to menu items...

@Crispin: correct
The problem is also there when using the core module manager.
So there you have your answer. This is an issue with Joomla, not Advanced Module Manager.
I recommend you submit an issue report to Joomla core.
@jean

did you uninstall the Module Manager or just switch to the core?
I tried an uninstall but the Red Cross at the right was still there
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription