Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

All modules very slow to save. Advanced Module Manager bogged down?

Michael Fisette's Avatar Michael Fisette
I have a few questions... Here's the issue I'm having:
All modules are very slow to save. It takes just over 30 seconds to save each time I make a change to ANY module. What is the reason for this? Is there a setting in the Module manager that has to be increased for a larger collection of modules? Is there a limit to how many modules you can have in Joomla or in Advanced Module Manager? Is it the Advanced Module Manager having problems or is it the Joomla CMS? In short, I'm building a large classified site with over over 500 dynamic category query pages with module sliders at the top of each. 550 modules so far. Over 500 or so are published, the other fifty modules are unpublish and not used yet.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Michael Fisette
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Only when saving? Or also when opening the modules?
It shouldn't take that long to save. So not sure what is causing the delay. Maybe a missing index in your database on some column.

Try switching on the Debug Mode and see if you can spot what database queries are so slow.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hello Peter,

The Advanced Module Manager is quick when opening any modules, but VERY SLOW in saving any changes to ALL modules. It takes about 20-30 seconds or more to save a module. This is a critical problem that is slowing the development of the site to a crawl.

I've done as you've suggested, I've installed the most recent update to Joomla, your Advanced Module Manager, and switched on the (Debug System) in Global Configuration. I set the server to (Maximum Reporting). After doing so, I haven't seen any error messages posted on the backend or frontend during the operation of modifying or saving new modules.

Is there a limit to how many modules a Joomla website can have? There are over 450 modules and counting on this site. Mostly Pop up slider modules for each page. I will be adding 1000's more of the (PaidSystem-Ads) modules for Featured ads in each category.

Is there some report I should be reading for troubleshooting purposes? if so, what is the file called and where would I locate it? I'm at a loss and desperate to resolve this issue. PLEASE HELP.
If only the saving is slow, it seems to me there is an issue with the database.
Maybe some index is missing on a database table or something.

Can you reproduce the issue on a clean Joomla installation online?
If so, can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
The problem was your Advance Module Manager. I unpublished all parts of your module then "Like Magic" Joomla worked perfectly. If quickly saves now with no problem. The solution was to get rid of the Advanced Module Manager. So I paid for a module that cost me countless hours of delays and frustration. How infuriating.
Again, this behavior is not how it is supposed to be. So again, I guess there is something wrong somewhere in the database on your setup.

But of course you are free to stop using Advanced Module Manager.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription