Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

AMM should have been core in Joomla 4 and now we have to wait until 2022??

Elisabeth Bertrand's Avatar Elisabeth Bertrand
Dear Peter,

I have been using AMM for as far back as I can remember. In fact Joomla is useless to us without it. I cant understand how any serious site creator could live without it. I would have thought this would have been a core Joomla functionality by now, and I am greatly disappointed it isn't!

However having us all wait until 2022 is a therefore bigger disappointment, I wanted to make sure I had at least a dev version of the website ready by the beginning of 2022 and your planning sets me back months in planning. Is there no way you could attempt to include this in 2021??

Warm regards,
Elisabeth
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Unfortunately I can't tell you it will be ready before the planned roadmap.

If the development of the extensions planned before it goes smoother than expected, then AMM might get ready sooner.

The roadmap dates are estimates. It might even take longer.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Elisabeth Bertrand's Avatar Elisabeth Bertrand
Oh wow.
Carst Komdeur's Avatar Carst Komdeur
Hi Peter,
From all extensions, this AMM is the most popular and most used. Not only by us, but with all J4 community. I really hope development is easier then estmated, and AMM will be available end this year 🙂
Regards, Carst
Yannis Michail's Avatar Yannis Michail
Hi Peter, same here, i was looking forward to AMM and J4, i use it to all my projects, and now im forced either not to install it to new J4 websites, or to postpone using J4...
ssnobben ssnobben's Avatar ssnobben ssnobben
Peter pls give priority to AMM though I agree to all what previous user says. AMM is so important when you started to use if for your site and how it should work.

Here is some Joomla 4 tutorials thats good example prepare statements etc www.techfry.com/joomla/prepared-statements-in-joomla-4

All the best!
I know it is important. So are other things. I am trying to finish everything as fast as I can.
Thanks for info Peter.

Wish you all the best!

Thks.
So the development version is available for test driving...
regularlabs.com/development-releases

If you can, please give it a try and let me know what you think.
There is no documentation yet on the new Conditions approach. So if you have any comments or questions, let me know here...
Thks P. I am sick now covid so have to wait.
Get well soon!
Advanced Module Manager for Joomla 4 is nearing the stable release… probably next week.

I just have 1 main thing to do: migrate existing core menu, language and publish date settings of modules to the AMM Conditions on first installation.

Latest dev version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Advanced Module Manager for Joomla 4 has been released:
regularlabs.com/blog/1376-advanced-modul...for-joomla-4-is-here

If you find any issues, please let me know.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription