Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Admin incredibly slow

Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Hello,
My admin pages are now taking an enormous amount of time to load.
I can see AMM in Dev tools is taking more than 5 minutes to load. Specifically, these scripts are the main responsible for this:
www.portal-gestao.com/administrator/inde...=com_advancedmodules
www.domain.com/administrator/index.php?r...lemanager&cache=3600
Also module assignement by country isn't working well, I'm not sure this is related with the slowness issue.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Try decreasing the 'Maximum List Count' setting in the Regular Labs Library system plugin settings.
Change that to - say - 500.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
I'll do that, when the site responds.
Is there a way to deactivate AMM and go back to the regular Joomla MM?
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
By the way, my host is saying there's a script requesting external html things in "ip-37-60-230-24.siteground.com" port 80 and this is slowing down the site.
Is this related with any of your extensions?
I'm using:
AMM with modules for specific countries
MA
CC
Modals
Advanced Module Manager will do a quick version check on the admin side in the list view. So that does query a file on my server. This should however not take any noticeable time, as it is done via ajax.
If that is causing slow page loads, it means that your server is for some reason having issues connecting.

There are no calls to version checks or whatever on the frontend.

If you disable the Advanced Module Manager system plugin, the module manager will revert to the core module manager.
But if you save modules with the core module manager, you might lose the assignments you have set up in the Advanced Module Manager. Also, when disabling AMM, the assignments won't have an effect.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
My host is saying that request is not listening to port 80 and it waits until it times out.
Now, each page is taking 5 minutes to load, sometimes even more.
I have used AMM for years without any problems, I wanted to switch it off for a while to check if this is really what is causing the issue.
Isn't there a way to go back to the free AMM without affecting the module assignements?
I really like your extensions and I bought the Pro version of AMM only to have module assignements by country. But if this is slowing down the site so much, I have to go back to the free version.
Pls advise.
Thanks!
Have you installed the Regular Labs GeoIP extension?
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Yes, I've got System - Regular Labs - GeoIP enabled.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Sure, you can just navigate to the extensions-> modules or any other admin page.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
The issue is not caused by any of the Regular Labs extensions.
When disabling all Regular Labs system plugins, the admin is still slow.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Ok, now I have all the modules enabled to ALL the pages on the frontend.
I'm getting crazy.
Like I said, if Advanced Module Manager is disabled, the assignments you have set up in it will not work anymore.

The slow admin and frontend have nothing to do with Advanced Module Manager or any of the other Regular Labs extensions.
You have other issues

I recommend you restore to your latest working backup. Then update stuff one-by-one to see when the issues start.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Ok, but once you re-enable AMM, the module assignements go back to their configuration, great!

The problem is that I haven't changed/installed anything in the last days, except Joomla update today.

The host mentioned the request to the IP above is the responsible for slowing down the site, do you have any idea what kind of script can be responsible for it?
No, I don't.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Is is possible to use your extensions without requesting anything external from your site?
This isn't working, have a look here:
joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/20862/admin-incredibly-slow
You can disable the update checks in the configuration settings.

But again (and again) these update checks are only done on the specific component pages of those extensions in the administrator.

And again, this has nothing to do with the slowness of your page in general.

I suggest you uninstall the Regular Labs extensions.

If you can prove a Regular Labs extension is causing issues, let me know.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Yes, I have uninstalled everything from Regular Labs and the admin is up and running again, as mentioned in the link above.
My host is also confirming the problem is related with the external request.
In fact, I've already wasted 3 days with this. Since I upgraded Nonumber to RL and installed AMM pro and modals it is taking me 45 minutes to add a new post or change a user's password.
And really I had enough. I can just replace Regular Labs extensions by something else.
Ok, sorry to hear that.
Nuno's Avatar Nuno
Yes, that answers says it all: You don't give a shit about your clients or your reputation.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription