Search
Other Sliders questions
Forum

conflict between sliders and joomla art template

Khalid H.'s Avatar Khalid H.
Hello, I need help, for some reason the Regular lab sliders do not work on Joomla Art Template.

I really need help

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen wrote:
Hi, that mean this will not work on my site? because I'm using Joomla Art template.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Correct.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
it does open, but it does not close when you click on it.
Peter van Westen wrote:
Correct.

But it opens when you click on the slider, but it does not close when you click again on the slider title

Any solution to this please
Yes, like it says in the FAQs, Sliders is not fully compatible with Bootstrap 4.
So you will have issues and there is no fix for that from my side.
ok then I will uninstall it
Alison's Avatar Alison
Will sliders become compatible with bootstrap 4 at some time in the near future please?
No, not for Joomla 3.

There will be a completely new extension for Joomla 4 with the Tabs and Sliders functionality that will be independent from Bootstrap and jQuery.
Alison's Avatar Alison
This is disappointing since we are trying to keep our sites on the latest software and yet we do not know when there will be a stable J4 version. Is there no way you can provide a solution for those of us using bootstrap 4? Your installation page does not mention that it will not work with BS4.
There will be no solution for the Joomla 3 version for websites with Bootstrap 4 templates. You will have to search for a different solution.

There was already this big message at the top of the Introduction page in the Sliders documentation:

I have now also added it to the Installation page in the documention.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription