Pre-Sale

Component use in Pro version

2 months 1 week ago #93920

Paul M's Avatar Paul M

I want to use ReReplacer and Conditional content but only apply it to one specific joomla extension/component (jreviews) and not affect the rest of my content. Is this possible with the pro versions?

2 months 1 week ago #93922

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

That depends very much on how you want to use ReReplacer.
Can you give more information on what it is you are trying to do?
And maybe show me on your online setup what it is you want to replace and how Conditional Content fits in to this?

2 months 1 week ago #93924

Paul M's Avatar Paul M

Peter van Westen wrote:

That depends very much on how you want to use ReReplacer.
Can you give more information on what it is you are trying to do?
And maybe show me on your online setup what it is you want to replace and how Conditional Content fits in to this?

I have some interactive data setup in jreviews using the "Listings" and not the "Reviews" feature of jreviews. I currently have parts of the data restricted by ACL with custom user levels. So public/guest will see a preview of the content in the list; a user level 1 sees more; and then the next level sees all. That part of it is where I am wondering if Conditional Content would work for this.

For Rereplacer my primary interest would be to match words and phrases that come up in Kunena forum messages to have links to the individual listings. For example if someone posted a kunena message that included the phrase "Metropolitan Museum of Art" it would be replaced with
[url=https://domai.com/etc]Metropolitan Museum of Art[/url]
which would be the method of bbcode for a hyperlink in a kunena post. But if that same text were used somewhere else like joomla article, it would be gibberish for the end user, so of course I would not want that and thus my interest in being component specific. So in this case, I'd want the replacement to only affect the Kunena component.

There are currently about 2000 words and phrases. These are primarily the names of people and places. I tried this in the free version and it kinda worked, but since Kunena uses bbcode urls it would look OK in Kunena but then in the actual listing in jreviews the title of the listing (jreviews uses joomla articles for the backend of listings) would show the bbcode rather than a hyperlink and I would not want those affected anyway since they would just be linking to themself. If that makes sense.

2 months 1 week ago #93927

Yes, with the Pro version of ReReplacer you can limit replacements to specific components. And/or make it only replace between specific parts of html.

Please read the documentation: www.regularlabs.com/extensions/rereplacer/tutorial

2 months 1 week ago #93929

Paul M's Avatar Paul M

Ah OK thank you. I actually had read that tutorial but I was reading "component" in the wrong sense position vs. extension type and in the free version got confused. So I was looking for some way to choose a particular component (extension) and I did not see that. I will try the pro version.

2 months 1 week ago #93930

Ok 🙂