Search
Other Extension Manager questions
Forum

Confused about Joomla Updates (Free vs Pro)

Geoff's Avatar Geoff
Hi Peter,

I have used the Joomla Extension updater to update the Regular Labs components, but I think in doing so, may have confused our FREE/PRO versions. e.g. We have been using the Pro version of Advanced Module Manager, but after the update it seems to have reverted to the FREE version. I was not sure which subscriptions were current.

This could be a critical issue, as we depend on the ability to assign modules to Zoo items, geographical assignments, etc. These options now appear to not be available, though so far the site appears to be working as usual.

Am I able to confirm which installed RL plugins that we have been using are the PRO versions and which the FREE versions, despite the current state of our subscriptions? When I know, then I can renew my subscriptions.

URGENT, I think.

Thanks,
Geoff
Geoff's Avatar Geoff
Is there a way to know if a site was previously using a PRO version?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Unless you uninstall extensions before updating, you should not be able to downgrade from the Pro to the Free version.
When you try, the installer will fail with a message stating that if you want to downgrade, you need to uninstall the Pro first.

So unless you did something weird, no, you should not have been able to install the Free if the Pro version was installed.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
PS: if you want the Pro version of Advanced Module Manager, you'll need to buy a subscription.
Your previous AMM subscription expired back in 2017.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in