Content Templater

Template won't load, causes the screen to go black.

3 years 9 months ago #70554

Jamie's Avatar Jamie

When I go to load a template within the article, clicking on the template does not work, the surrounding screen just goes dark and the more I click on it it keeps going darker (maybe a JavaScript thing?? - I also subsequently updated Firefox). If I click outside the popup multiple times it goes lighter and back to white. It's really odd.

The only thing I've changed in Joomla that could possibly affect the extension is that I updated JCE Editor to 2.6.9. I subsequently updated the content templator component to the newest version (7.1.1).

I'm running Joomla 3.6.5 (and I have had too many issues updating, if the only way to fix this is to update Joomla, can you then please tell me which older version of content templater I can use/how to do that.

I was originally running the free version of the component, but now upgraded to get the support and installed the pro version, but no change.

I love this component and use it everyday, but now it's unusable.

3 years 9 months ago #70555

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Check if you have some firewall or security extension installed that may be blocking stuff, like AdminTools.

3 years 9 months ago #70557

Jamie's Avatar Jamie

Unless it was something installed with joomla automatically, no. It was working fine up until today. I see on the forum other people had this issue but described it as just not loading the template. I'm not sure if it is still trying to load or, as it never took long so I clicked out of it after awhile. Sinfe yesterday the only thing I did was update JCE editor and when the content templates wasn't working I updated that as well (and am now running the pro version)

3 years 9 months ago #70561

Can you give me (super) admin access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

3 years 9 months ago #70578

Jamie's Avatar Jamie

Sorry I didn't respond last night. I created you an account. Just please don't upgrade Joomla or anything I'm paranoid I've had so much trouble with things lol.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

3 years 9 months ago #70579

It's not just Content Templater that is failing, but other pages too that try to query an url through ajax (JavaScript). The urls are returning with a 403 forbidden.
This is most probably down to a setting in the server mod_security. So something your host should look at and be able to solve.

3 years 9 months ago #70633

Jamie's Avatar Jamie

Sorry it took me a couple days to write back. I went just now to call tech support and suddenly the component is working, so I'm guessing they did change something and must have changed it back or fixed it. Can you tell if it's still having those errors, or would that mean it's fixed if the plugin is working? I can still call tech support, but I'm not sure what to tell them is not working since obviously the plugin is suddenly working, so I can't know if what they attempt fixes it or not.

3 years 9 months ago #70636

Yep, seems to be ok now. So looks like the server techs fixed something.