Content Templater

Can't restrict template(s) access to groups

3 years 11 months ago #69581

Kay-Uwe Koalick's Avatar Kay-Uwe Koalick

I want to restrict content templates to groups using Joomla access system.

I have such groups and access levels created and linked inside Content Template (Tab: Content settings -> Article Details -> Access) to this groups. But in the Article Editor (no matter if I use JCE, TinyMCE or CodeMirror) each editor can see all templates, no access restriction works.

I tested this at least with a default Joomla 3.6.5 installation (PHP 7.0.15, MySQL 5.6) with RL extensions only. I created a access level for publishers and superuser groups and use this for 2 templates. Then I logged in as publisher and open a new article. The Content Templater dialog shows me then both templates, even the template for superusers only.

Do I something wrong?

3 years 11 months ago #69590

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.

Pleas give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue and what template is the problem.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

3 years 11 months ago #69603

I can do this but you can reproduce this issue alone with a default Joomla 3.6.5 installation with your extensions only.
I work in an intranet where remote access is not allowed.

3 years 11 months ago #69605

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

3 years 11 months ago #69607

Installed the dev version: access limitation works now. 😎