Forum

Components Anywhere not working on Joomla! 3.9.13

Alex Diego's Avatar Alex Diego
Hello,

I have an issue with my websit
Confidential information:
(hidden)
I hope you can help.
Yesterday I moved my website to a new server. Everything is working well except for the Plugin Component Everywhere by Regular Labs that stopped working.
The configuration of the new server is exactly the same (same php version etc.)

I have used Components Everywhere by Regular Labs to display SP Pages extensively on my Joomla website during the last 2 years and it always worked seamlessly. So this is a big issue for me. Now those components do not show. I don´t receive any error messages but the plugin simply doesn´t work and the SP pages inserted on public articles, Virtuemart products etc, do not display anymore.

I have always used the Free version and have just upgraded to Pro in order to get your valuable support. if you could help I would really appreciate it.

Here is an example placed on a public joomla article:
{component url=index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=113}
{component url=index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=71}

Remarks: The Plugin Components Everywhere by Regular Labs is currently turned off on my website as it does´t work. I have activated a different component that allows me to display components everywhere. However I do not want to use this plugin as it has got important negative side effects on my website (responsiveness, design etc)

I really hope you can help.
Thank you,

Alex
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You have a SEF component installed that is redirecting the urls. That can cause the url calls to fail.
It may be due to the system plugin ordering. Try changing the ordering of the plugins in question.
See: regularlabs.com/guides/242-plugin-order-is-important
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thank you for your swift response. I am afraid though it didn't fix the problem.
This is the order of the plugins:

(hidden)

I hope you can help.
Thank you
First, add quotes, so do
{component url="index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=113"}

If that doesn't work, then give it the redirected ur:
{component url="en/?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=113"}
Thank you for your help Peter. I tried both but unfortunately it didn´t fix the problem.
Please advise, Alex
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.
Hello Peter,

I have activated the Plugin Components Everywhere Regular Labs so you can take a look at it properly.

(hidden)

I really appreciate your help as this is a big issue for me.
Best of lucks,

Alex
This seems like your server is blocking calls via the normal methods used in Joomla to capture content from urls.
The urls are blocked and returning: "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access this resource.".

I switched on the "Force cURL" option in the Components Anywhere system plugin settings.
Now it is working.
Good Morning Peter,

Thank you very much for being so professional.
Moreover I´d like to thank you for dealing with this over a weekend. I am very impressed with your lightning fast support.

I hope you offer support and updates for this plugin for a long time. It is awesome.
Best regards,

Alex
My pleasure 🙂
Hi Peter, I am sorry to bother you with this again.
I have a problem with SP Pages being displayed within a VirtueMart product page.
If the access to the SP Page is set to "Public" the content displays perfectly well.
However, when the access to the SP Page is set to "Registered" the content does not display and I get the following error message: "Error
You are not authorised to view this resource".
The trouble is that I need the access to the SP pages to be set to "Registered" as this is an online shop for registered clients only.
Before I moved my web to a new server last week, the SP Pages worked normally even when set to "Registered" so I know it could work...
I hope you can help,
Thank you, Alex
And are you logged in.
Can you reproduce the issue outside VirtueMart pages?
Can you reproduce it with Joomla core articles (so not using SP pages)?
(hidden)
(hidden)
I do not see what your issues have to do with Components Anywhere.
This page:
en/shop/events/arquitectura-solidaria-detail
This gives a 'Restricted access!' error even when Components Anywhere is disabled. Components Anywhere is not in the mix here.
This seems more like an issue you should discuss with VirtueMart.
Thanks Peter, problem sorted!!
Our new server has got a security module that filters the url calls, compares them with some patterns and eventually blocks some of them.
Our server administrator added an exception to the rule on the .htaccess for your module and now everything works seamlessly again.
Thanks for your help Peter
Alex
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription