Bug Reports

RegularLabs \ Library \ Plugin error not found on front- and backend

3 months 1 week ago #93297

carlostegs's Avatar carlostegs

Problems updating your 3 Tools
Use Joomal 3.9.12 PHP 7.3

Dear
Hello

As a user of three Regular Labs tools, I come to inform you of possible errors in the new versions.

I am using cache cleaner v.7.2.3, email protector v.4.3.4 and rereplacer v9.0.2, there was no problem until the new updates.

This week, I noticed that updates from 3 for cache cleanes v.7.3.0, email protector v.4.4.0 and rereplacer v9.1.0 came out, I downloaded it as soon as they left and I always leave it to update on the weekend, that was done on 08/22

Right after updating I noticed that there were already 3 new updates of the same 3 components being cache cleaner v.7.3.1, email protector v.4.4.1 and rereplacer v9.1.1, then I finished right after I realized that these new ones existed, also updated then.

To my surprise, when trying to access the Frontend of our website, it was in a kind of looping with a message saying that there were many redirects from our link and it was not possible to open the page and stayed there endlessly.

When disabling the 3 extensions, we noticed that the site was back on the air, normal

But because I like these tools, I had the idea of ​​uninstalling the 3 versions and would install only the last 3 as new.

That's when we had more problems, where the Backend and the frontend went off the air, and there was an error in the Frontend home that said:

Error: RegularLabs \ Library \ Plugin not found "on front- and backend

I only had to restore our Backup, which was done and we continue with cache cleaner v.7.2.3, email protector v.4.3.4 and rereplacer v9.0.2, which are not giving any problems.

I noticed that when I made the first update he installed the Regular Labs Library, but when I made the second, he does not install this library, possibly because he identifies that it was already up to date and I suspect that the errors that occurred may come from that Library.

My intention is to report the problems to you, to find out about the problems and perhaps correct them for the next versions

I was afraid to update these add-ons again and cause a problem again on the site.

In my case, I decided to wait for new updates in the future for possible updates

My thanks
Much Health Always
Success
Carlos

3 months 1 week ago #93298

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Try deleting these folders:

libraries/regularlabs
plugins/system/regularlabs
Even reinstall the latest versions.

2 months 1 week ago #93921

Peter
Hello
All well?

I went to try to do what he told me but all attempts, take the site and the admin from the AR (Frontend and Backend)

I deleted this folder "regularlabs" from the Libraries and also the system, exactly as you said and the site goes down.

Then I tried deactivating the three products 3 components being cache cleaner v.7.23, email protector v.4.3.4 and rereplacer v9.0.2, and to repeat the operation, the same thing happened, the backend and frontend go down.

Remembering that I tried to remove the products to install as new and also took the entire site and admin down and had to back up the backup

Could you give me any suggestions on what I can do to be able to update this?

I await your help

I take this opportunity to wish you much health and success always
Thank you
Jose Carlos
Brazil

2 months 1 week ago #93923

What PHP errors do you get that are causing your site to go down?
Enable error reporting or look inside your error logs.

Make sure you disable all the Regular Labs system plugins, if these are causing the issues.
Then update everything.

2 months 1 week ago #93925

Peter
Hello
Following your guidelines
I turned off all Regular Labs components, modules and plugins from both the Admin and the Site, all disabled.

I activated the error log in Global and there was no error

Alias the site works normal, the only intention is to update the tools Regular Labs, because when I tried to update in the beginning of September there was an error on the site as I said earlier.

Now isn't it strange even with all Regular Labs products all disconnected from the website and admin and the website and admin go down?
Or is there a hidden file that I should disable?

any suggestion?

Thank you
Health and success
Jose Carlos

2 months 1 week ago #93926

Peter
Hello

I discovered

I recently migrated from PHP 5.6 to 7.3 and PHP 7.3 has Zend Opcache on and this cache even when I turned off components for PHP was still on, as they were in the cache

Then I reset PHP and the site didn't crash anymore

I managed to install the 3 new ones and everything seems to be working ok

Anyway thank you

I'll test them all to see if they're OK

Thank you very much for your attention and patience
I wish you and your family a lot of health
Success always
Jose Carlos

2 months 1 week ago #93928

Ok, good you found the issue.