Search
Other Articles Field questions
Forum

[url] value

Ronny Van Der Borght's Avatar Ronny Van Der Borght
Dear Peter and people at Regular Labs,

The new Articles Field 3.0 is great. It opens a world of oportunities.
There is however a small issue that I want to mention/ask, I don't know if it is a bug or a feature.
When you do a 'Custom html' the output is not consistent.

Example:

When I define my custom as output as:
<a href="[url]">[title]</a><br/>

The output is:
<a href="/nl/jobs/schoonmaker-full-time">Schoonmaker Full time</a><br/>, <a href="/nl/jobs/schoonmaker-part-time">Schoonmaker Part time</a>

When I define my custom output as:
<a href="[url]">[in-de-vestiging]</a><br/>

The output is:
<a href="/nl/jobs/schoonmaker-full-time"><a href="/nl/duinenwater">Duinenwater</a></a><br/><a href="/nl/jobs/schoonmaker-part-time"><a href="/nl/elshout">Elshout</a></a>
Notice the double a-tags.

[in-de-vestiging] is a linked field. I just want to use the linked value as the title, so it needs to be rendered as text only (without the accompaning url).
Is this wanted behaviour ?
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Not exactly sure what you're trying to do. You're trying to output an Articles Field inside another Articles Field? If so, it's inevitable that you're going to get a link within a link.

If you need to output just the text without the link, then you need to switch off the link from the layout of [in-de-vestiging]
Thanks, now I understand, the output from a linked field is also used in the output of an other field.
Makes sense 🙂
I now changed the output for [in-de-vestiging] to:
[in-de-vestiging]
and that does the trick.
Cool!
Actually that's probably wrong. The output for [in-de-vestiging] should probably be just
[title]
Andy Badwool wrote:
Actually that's probably wrong. The output for [in-de-vestiging] should probably be just
[title]

My bad...it is indeed [title], i did a wrong copy and paste.
Sorry for the confusion.
No problem, glad it works now 🙂
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription